Re: [amibroker] Backtest - Data Processing

I checked the library and there was nothing concerning Fib lines. I
did recently get the following email:

Hello Mr,
I have created formulas to detect Fibonacci retracements.
Maybe you are interested on this formulas.
They are not free because it has taken really a lot of hours
to develop.
http://www.tradingbasis.com/formulas/Fibonacci/Fibonacci.htm
Best regards
Thomas Zmuck

Take a look at his site, it may help
might be worth the money if he has them right
MR

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> Fib numbers are applied on the basis that the number divided by
next number
> and charted has the line approaching 0.618 (think that is right)
> It makes sense to use these as the number series was originally
formulated
> to simulate a rabbit population increase, makes sense to apply
this to
> building architecture and structures, and of course trading :-)
>
> You could apply the number series as a loop function and draw them.
> Fib[0] = 0.25;
> Fib[2] = 0.382;
> Fib[3] = 0.5;
> Fib[4] = 0.618;
> Fib[5] = 0.75;
> Fib[6] = 1;
> etc
>
> Then include this with the line draw tool I posted before and you
can draw
> all the lines like the manual method.
>
> For(f=0;f<=6;f++)
> {Then some formula to create and plot the various lines, or
signals}

> As a trading tool, maybe have a signal when the price is nearing a
fib ratio
> allowing some leeway for real life +/- 10% or such, or when the
price
> crosses a fib ratio. I have not looked into this, but might put it
on my
> list unless someone already has done it. I did not check the
libraries or
> email histories.
>

> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://www.golala.com/forums/?mforum=asxsharetrading
> http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

Fibonacci
> sequence, which was developed by Leonardo Fibonacci.
>
> Fibonacci retracements are commonly drawn from the beginning of
Wave
> 1 to the top of Wave 3 to find a target to the Wave 4 retracement.
>
> Fibonacci numbers are the numbers in the Fibonacci sequence 0, 1,
1,
> 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, . . . , each of which, after the second is the
> sum of the two previous ones.
>
> Fibonacci numbers can also be considered as a function of non-
negative
> integers:
>
>        n  = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,  7,  8,  9, 10, 11,  12, ...
>      F(n) = 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, ...
> The exact closed form solution for this function is called the
Binet
> formula:
>
>      F(n) = (Phi^n - PhiP^n)/Sqrt(5),
>      where Phi = (1 + Sqrt(5))/2 = the Golden Ratio,
>      and PhiP = Phi Prime = (1 - Sqrt(5))/2 = 1 - Phi = -1/Phi,
Since F(n)
> is an integer and the magnitude of PhiP^n/Sqrt(5) is less
> than 1/2 for n >= 0, a variant form of the formula is:
>
>      F(n) = Round(Phi^n / Sqrt(5)), n >= 0.
> Fibonacci numbers can also be defined for negative n:
>
>      F(-2 n) = -F(2 n)
>      F(- 2 n - 1) = F(2 n + 1)
>
>        n  = ..., -6, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ...
>      F(n) = ..., -8,  5, -3,  2, -1,  1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, ...
> The continuous analytic function:
>
>      F(x) = (Phi^x - |PhiP|^x)/Sqrt(5),
> passes through all Fibonacci numbers of even n = x (n positive or
> negative).
>
> The continuous analytic function:
>
>      F(x) = (Phi^x + |PhiP|^x)/Sqrt(5),
> passes through all Fibonacci numbers of odd n = x (n positive or
> negative).
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> > Not certain exactly what you are wanting, so I will enclose an
> example to
> > see if it helps. This is finding the last 260 day high, then the
> 260 day low
> > prior to that, and plotting these with the 38% retracement from
> the high.
> >

> > L52 = LastValue( Ref(LLV(L,260),-H52bar-1) );
> >
> > L52bar = LastValue( BarsSince(L==L52) );
> >
> > change = H52-L52;
> >
> > Retrace38 = H52 - change*0.38;
> >
> > Plot(C,"price",colorBlack,styleBar);
> >
> > Plot(IIf(BarIndex()>=(BarCount-1- H52bar), ValueWhen(H==H52,H),
> Null),
> > "H52", colorRed,
> >
> > styleLine);
> >
> > Plot(IIf(BarIndex()>=(BarCount-1- L52bar), ValueWhen(L==L52,L),
> Null),
> > "L52", colorRed,
> >
> > styleLine);
> >
> > Plot(IIf(BarIndex()>=(BarCount-1- H52bar), Retrace38,
Null), "Retr
> 38%",
> > colorGreen,
> >
> > styleLine);
> >
> > GraphXSpace=5;
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Graham
> > http://www.golala.com/forums/?mforum=asxsharetrading
> > http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

Lexmark
> Printer
> > at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
Canada.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511