[amibroker] Re: Using Param() to analyze system price-sensitivity

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:36, dingo wrote:
> well i'd better not bet you on the hint thing - it seems that you're pretty
> good at this AFL stuff.
>
> as to K&R - dunno them I've never programmed in any "C" derived language -
> I only use "toy languages".

K&R are Kernigan and Ritchie, the origional authors of the C programming
language.   Take one look at the syntax of AFL, you can see it's similarity
to C.

> and it's NOT hungarian notation - its POLISH notation - now what do you
> have to say?

My reference is the Free OnLine Dictionary Of Computing:
http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=hungarian&action=Search

Which says:
Hungarian Notation
    <language, convention> A linguistic convention requiring one or more
    letters to be added to the start of variable names to denote scope
    and/or type.

I'm not sure what Polish notation is, but Reverse Polish notation is (from the
same source):

postfix notation
    <language> (Or "Reverse Polish Notation", RPN) One of the possible
    orderings of functions and operands: in postfix notation the functions
    are preceded by all their operands. For example, what may normally be
    written as "1+2" becomes "1 2 +". Postfix notation is well suited for
    stack based architectures but modern compilers reduced this advantage
    considerably.

    The best-known language with postfix syntax is FORTH. Some Hewlett-Packard
    calculators use it, e.g. HP-25, HP-29C, HP-41C, HP-23SII.

Unless of course it's the opposite of RPN, in which case

prefix notation
    <language> (Or "prefix syntax") One of the possible orderings of functions
    and operands: in prefix notation the function precedes all its operands.
    For example, what may normally be written as "1+2" becomes "(+ 1 2)". A
    few languages (e.g., lisp) have strictly prefix syntax, many more employ
    prefix notation in combination with infix notation.

I've even programmed (slightly) in both FORTH and lisp.

And yes I *HAVE* been accused of being a PIA SOB who always has to be right!
:-)  (and they're probably right!)

- --
	Nigel

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511