Re: [amibroker] ADLine function doesn't work for me

Hello
Yuki,
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
You can append the
following two lines to your system's code:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT
color=#0000ff>AddToComposite(<FONT
color=#ff0000>Buy, <FONT
color=#ff00ff>"~Buys",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"X"<FONT
color=#000000>); AddToComposite<FONT
color=#000000>(Short<FONT
color=#000000>,"~Shorts"<FONT
color=#000000>,"X"<FONT
color=#000000>);
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
and, after running a
Scan on your Waychlist, you can display them by copying this in an
indicator:
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
S = <FONT
color=#0000ff>Param(<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"IndicatorSelect",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1<FONT
color=#000000>); Buys = Foreign<FONT
color=#000000>("~Buys"<FONT
color=#000000>,"C"<FONT
size=2>); Shorts = <FONT
color=#0000ff>Foreign(<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"~Shorts",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"C"<FONT
color=#000000>); BP = Buys/(Buys+Shorts)*<FONT
color=#ff00ff>100<FONT
color=#000000>; SP = Shorts/(Buys+Shorts)*<FONT
color=#ff00ff>100<FONT
color=#000000>; if<FONT
color=#000000>(S==0) {
Plot(BP,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Buys",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1); <FONT
color=#0000ff>Plot(SP,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Shorts",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>4,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1<FONT
color=#000000>); } if<FONT
color=#000000>(S==1) {
Plot(Buys,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Buys",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1); <FONT
color=#0000ff>Plot(Shorts,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Shorts",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>4,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1);
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
which will display
the percentage of Buy signals vs the percentage of Sell signals - wrt the total
number of signals present at anytime. Use the Param() to display either signal
counts or percentage of signals.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Yuki Taga
  [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: January 21, 2004 8:16
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  testing signal correlationHi guys,I already
  have a pretty good idea just from looking over back testresults that
  signal success seems highly correlated with the numberof signals I get on
  any particular day.  That is to say, out of abasket of, say, 20
  stocks, if 8 or 10 of them signal the same way, itseems highly likely that
  a very high percentage of those signals aregoing to be good, whereas if
  only a single stock triggers on aparticular day, the odds of success,
  while still good, are not nearlyas good as when many issues signal at the
  same time.I'd like to try and quantify that in a back test, but I am
  not surehow to write the code.  I need to include some argument in
  the buyand short statements that requires a certain level of
  "participation"before any signals are taken.  (This would allow me to
  run variousback tests for that level, in an attempt to discover if this is
  evena condition I should consider requiring.)Can anyone help with
  the argument part of
  this?Best,YukiSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.