Re: [amibroker] Institutional Sponsorship

Chuck,

You already know this, but it will be of value to others
who might try to develop systems for trading the Russell
2000 (RUT).

All the RUT data I have seen uses yesterday's close for
today's open price. Thus the RUT data never has any opening
opeing gaps - this shows up nicely on candle stick
displays. It also means that one can not use the data to
test the idea of buying or selling the next's day's open
based on today's clossing price.

To develop a system on RUT data, one could one of the
following:

Use the next's average of (High+Low+Close)/3 to approximate
the open price.

Or, use today's close as one's trading price. Of course,
this means hitting the trigger button at 5:59:59 or as
close to that as one can get.