Re: [amibroker] Re: A technical question

<SPAN
class=710543105-19012004>I was just wondering if the performance penalty you got
from the disconnect between RUT price and fund price was less if you used the
fund itself for timing, instead of RUT. I know that RUT has much longer history
than the tracking funds I'm aware of, so it backtests longer. Still, you might
want to compare using the fund for timing instead, over the period where that's
possible.
<SPAN
class=710543105-19012004>
<SPAN
class=710543105-19012004>Am I making any sense here? Too tired, brain is mush,
must sleep...
<SPAN
class=710543105-19012004>
<SPAN
class=710543105-19012004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Dave,What
  proxy instruments do you have in mind?  I only know of IWM, IWN, IWO,
  ProFunds and Rydex.   Any others that you can think of?The
  system I'm working on now is built around trading the IWM since 2002 and using
  the RUT as a proxy for backtesting back to 1988.   It is using the
  RUT for timing in both cases.   My next project will be to
  see if I can add some smart logic to trade IWN or IWO instead of
  IWM.At 11:21 PM 1/18/2004 -0500, you wrote:<FONT
  face="Courier New, Courier" color=#0000ff size=2>
  Chuck, I assume you've tried trading your
    various proxy instruments using signals generated from the R2K, as well as
    signals from the instruments themselves, yes? IOW, might certain instruments
    perform better as a signal to trade certain of the
    others? <FONT face="Courier New, Courier" color=#0000ff
    size=2>Dave
    <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>