Re: [amibroker] Re: A technical question

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thank you Chuck, for all the work. Actually I find it a bit scary
to see how much ticker lists change...the impact of change is far greater than I
had anticipated.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Now if we only could work out a simple and automated way of
coping with changing ticker lists. Ideally this would be part of
the AmiBroker data base management :-) did I hear TJ fall of his
chair???
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Sorry TJ, i hope you didn't hurt yourself
;-)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chuck Rademacher
  [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: January 18, 2004 1:02
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] More
  on index constituent listsI can't help but wonder if
  people who use things like the Russell 2000 and NASDAQ 100 constituent lists
  as watchlists realise what happens to such lists almost weekly.If you
  are using lists like this, I would suggest that you lose one stock about every
  two weeks due to either the ticker changing or the stock being
  de-listed.Perhaps you maintain your own lists.  If so,
  great!The problem is that many of the stocks that disappear are the
  stocks that have done poorly (price wise).  You can backtest a system
  today and get a CAR of 80%.   You can backtest the same system
  tomorrow and get a CAR of 90% due to one stock simply disappearing from your
  watchlist.Just something to think about.I'm happy to keep the
  watchlists up-to-date with current tickers.  If you care about keeping
  de-listed stocks, it's up to you to figure out a way to do
  so.AdiosSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.