[amibroker] Question on Position Score ranking

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Never ever run AB installer in 'compatibilty' mode was: AmiBroker 4.50.8 Maintenance Update released
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:23:18 -0800

Hello,

Running installer in 'compatibility' mode on XP may lead to several serious problems
including not being able to run automatic import via AmiQuote.

NEVER EVER DO THIS.

The installer MUST be run in administrator XP account (or other account
that has 'write' access to the registry) because it has to
register OLE servers for proper operation.

When you do otherwise you ask for trouble.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com