Re: [amibroker] William Peters hotkey

Fred,

Of course the lists are different.  I'm not being funny, but there were 180 ticker changes (in just the 2001 list) since you sent me the list.   Most of those would have occured prior to when you sent me the lists.  They are very painful to research and correct.  Sometimes, it takes two to three hours to find one.

If you made a watchlist out of the one you sent me, it would not find 210 de-listed stocks in your data and it would not find 180 additional stocks where the ticker has changed.  In other words, you would not be including 400 stocks that should be part of the RUT in 2001.

As to earlier years... I can get the lists for $10,000.  I'm not prepared to pay that... since I already have the info in another form that I can't share.   I met with someone for dinner last night who is trying to get it a "public domain" copy for me that I will be able to share.  I know how keen you are to get them and you will be the first to know if I succeed.

Of course, using the 2001 list on prior years would be far superior to using the 2003 list... which is what everyone else does.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511