[amibroker] Re: Price range filtering

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jim,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>barindex() is zero based so the first bar is 0 then 1,2,3 etc. Barcount
works like cum(1) where the first bar is counted as 1...

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jim
[mailto:bankedout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 2:20
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Exploration to find "Empty" valuesJayson,Thank
you, that works too.  I used this:Filter =
BarIndex()<102;AddColumn( C, "Close", 1.3);AddColumn( BarCount,
"BarCount", 1.0);AddColumn (ROC(C,104),"2yr%chg");AddColumn
(BarIndex(),"BarIndex", 1.0); Curiously (to me) BarIndex and BarCount
give different values.  BarIndex is always one less than
BarCount.  I'll try to figure out which one I like better.  I plan
to add this filter criteria to another exploration I am working on.
Previously that one excluded IPOs etc. from the results, but I want them in
if certain conditions exist.  These ideas for indentifying "IPO" type
stocks will help me to accomplish my goals.Thanks
again,Jim------------------------------------------------------------------------
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> How
about barindex()   simple search for stocks whose barindex() is
greater> than what ever time frame you want...> >
x=barindex()>200;> > gives only stocks with 200 or more bars of
data....> > Regards,> Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: Jim [mailto:bankedout@xxxx]> Sent: Friday,
January 16, 2004 3:22 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: Exploration to find "Empty" values> > >
"> If they haven't been trading you should be able to filter on>
Close.> > Either way, check out the IsNull function."> >
I want them to be trading.  I'm looking for stocks with less than 2>
years of price history.  Initial Public Offerings etc.> > I
tried this:> > Filter= ROC(C,102)=IsNull;> AddColumn
(ROC(C,104),"2yr%chg");> > And then tried pushing Explore.
Amibroker does not like this.  It> points to right before the = sign
and tells me I have a syntax> error.  I'm trying to "tell" Amibroker
that I want those stocks> which have ROC(C,102) value of "nothing" (not
ZERO).> > Any ideas?> > Jim>
--------------------------------------------------------------------->
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sloughbridge"
<sloughbridge@xxxx>> wrote:> > --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jim" <bankedout@xxxx> wrote:> > >
Hello,> > >> > > I am wondering how to do something
with an exploration.> > >> > > If I Filter my database
for Close > Zero, it will return all of> my> > >
stocks.> > >> > > If I then Add a Column which
displays the Rate of Change for the> > > Close,102 weeks
This displays mostly stocks with a number> value.> > >
Either positive or negative, depending on how their price has> > >
changed over the past 2 years.> > >> > > But, if I
sort by this ROC 2 years column, there are quite a few> > >
results where there is no value.  I'm guessing these are issues>
> > which haven't been trading for 2 years.> > >> >
> How do I screen specifically for ROC(C,120)="No Value"> >
>> > If they haven't been trading you should be able to filter
on> Close.> > Either way, check out the IsNull
function.> > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.