Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.50.8 Maintenance Update released

Jayson,

Thank you, that works too.  I used this:

Filter = BarIndex()<102;

AddColumn( C, "Close", 1.3);
AddColumn( BarCount, "BarCount", 1.0);
AddColumn (ROC(C,104),"2yr%chg");
AddColumn (BarIndex(),"BarIndex", 1.0);

Curiously (to me) BarIndex and BarCount give different values.
BarIndex is always one less than BarCount.  I'll try to figure out
which one I like better.  I plan to add this filter criteria to
another exploration I am working on.  Previously that one excluded
IPOs etc. from the results, but I want them in if certain conditions
exist.  These ideas for indentifying "IPO" type stocks will help me
to accomplish my goals.

Thanks again,

Jim
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> How about barindex()   simple search for stocks whose barindex()
is greater

<sloughbridge@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jim" <bankedout@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am wondering how to do something with an exploration.
> > >
> > > If I Filter my database for Close > Zero, it will return all of
> my
> > > stocks.
> > >
> > > If I then Add a Column which displays the Rate of Change for
the
> > > Close,102 weeks  This displays mostly stocks with a number
> value.
> > > Either positive or negative, depending on how their price has
> > > changed over the past 2 years.
> > >
> > > But, if I sort by this ROC 2 years column, there are quite a
few
> > > results where there is no value.  I'm guessing these are issues
> > > which haven't been trading for 2 years.
> > >
> > > How do I screen specifically for ROC(C,120)="No Value"
> > >
> > > What do I put in place of "No Value"?
> >
> > If they haven't been trading you should be able to filter on
> Close.
> > Either way, check out the IsNull function.
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

>   c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511