Re: [amibroker] limiting position size for futures

I think that it's safe to assume that many of you do filtering based on price range.  For instance, many of my systems will only look at stocks between $3 and $10 between 1993 and 2003.

I just created a composite that shows the average price of stocks between those periods.  You would be unlikely to get the same values as me, but I found the average price of the stocks in my database to range between $15 and $21 between 1993 and 2003.  Not a big range and certainly not a straight line.  FWIW, it's at the top of that range right now.  The highest since 1993 was in February, 2000.  Prior to that, there was an even higher average ($22) in 1989.

My question for you mathematicians (Howard, Mark, Fred and others) is this:

Would it make sense to adjust price range filtering by a formula that does something with the average price of stocks on any given day?

For instance, I could subtract $12 from the average price to give me the bottom end of my desired range.  I could subtract $4 from the average price to give me the top end of my desired range.  This is probably over simplistic, but does such adjustment make sense?

I will, of course, be testing various means of adjusting my filtering on the fly and I'll report back any findings.  However, I'm anxious to hear the thoughts of others.