Re: [amibroker] Begin and End Display markers

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Give it a try DT:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT
face=Arial>Color = <FONT
color=#0000ff>Param(<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"Color",<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>0,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>256,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>1<FONT
color=#000000>); Plot<FONT
color=#000000>(1<FONT
color=#000000>,"ColorTest"<FONT
color=#000000>,Color,<FONT
color=#ff0000>styleArea|<FONT
color=#ff0000>styleOwnScale<FONT
color=#000000>,0<FONT
color=#000000>,1<FONT
color=#000000>)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>on my laptop AB has about 56 colors. I tried it and
color management was hopeless, you cannot gradually change the shade of a color
to show that you are going up/down a peak/slope. Another inconvenience is that
you have to make a color translation table, since the numerical
sequence of colors will not be the best one for 3D maps.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Also, do not forget that in AB we cannot add arbitrary lines to
indicate slope and we cannot rotate the image. So the visual effect must
entirely be accomplished with shading colors. You could undoubtedly create a
simple heatmap, but 3D, hmmm not good enough for
me.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>AmiBroker is great :-) but sometimes it makes good sense to use another
program. It takes me about 5 seconds to copy the results to Excel and make 3D
maps there. Once there I have a whole array of maps and options to chose
from...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>happy trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: January 16, 2004 3:16
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  3D contour PlotHerman,If you go to
  Preferences->Colors->Palette editor you may define 16 shades
  of a color in the custom colors area. Aren't they enough to give a visual
  efect ?Dimitris Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman
  vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> AmiBroker doesn't have
  enough colors/shades to make visually meaningful 3D> displays. The
  easiest way would have been to use StyleArea and overlay> charts so
  that you get a checker board. The overlaying effect will give you>
  vertical (y-axis) divisions/colors, coloring individual bars
  horizontally> will give you X-axis divisions/colors.>
  > But like I said, without shading to show gradual increase in values
  by> color, it may not be worth the effort.> > You can
  however use the explorer to create the tables required to make 3D>
  charts in excel. But the easiest way of course is to download the 3D
  Excel.> > herman.>   -----Original
  Message----->   From: goldfreaz
  [mailto:goldfreaz@xxxx]>   Sent: January 15, 2004 9:51
  PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [amibroker] 3D contour Plot> > >   Has
  anyone written code to make a 3D color map?  The code would
  be>   long, but I think it can be done.>
  x-time axis>   y-vertical axis (say 10
  bins)>   z-color code axis (say 10 colors)>

  graph0=y0;graphbar0color=iif(z>z8,color9,iif(z>z7,color8,...,>
  iif(z>z0,color1,color0))))));>   ....>
  graph9=y9;graphbar9color=iif(z>z8,color9,iif(z>z7,color8,...,>
  iif(z>z0,color1,color0))))));> >   //  need to
  use candle type graph with O=L and C=H, while you get
  the>   idea...maybe> > >
  >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx>   Send
  SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
  Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.