RE: [amibroker] rotational trading

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Clyde,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
AA
stands for automatic analyzer  it is accessed by pressing the icon that
looks like an exclamation point on the second row of your tool bar. Composites
are created by choosing a watchlist in the "Apply to" section of AA then setting
n last days to 1. Finally hit scan. When complete you may plot the code in IB
(indicator builder).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
help file is chock full of information... you might want to spend some time on
the tutorials and perhaps watch the movies TJ has on his
sight...

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: nb9trade
[mailto:clyde@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:42
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [amibroker] Re:
Advance Declone LineI need to ask you about
some of the terms you are using and I am still not sure where to type the
code.  Right off the bat I have been able to type indicators directly
into the indicator window and get the indicor to show up on the screen below
the stock chart, What does (AA) stand for?I am probabaly going
to have to learn this a piece at a time.
ThanksClyde--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Clyde> > The answer lies in Addtocomposite.  You may assign a
watch list to run the> calculations on when creating the composite
(AA). You may store the> accumulated values in any of the composite
fields, so here we store up to> close , dn to open, upvol to High and
dnvol to Low. Run the entire code in> AA against the watchlist of
your choice then copy the entire code to IB to> plot the values with
your favorite chart (foreign allows you to see the plot>
always)> > > up=C>Ref(C,-1);>
dn=C<Ref(C,-1);> upvol=IIf(up,V/C,0);>
dnvol=IIf(dn,V/C,0);> > //stores the ad calculations in a
composite called ~Ad> AddToComposite(up,~Ad,"C");>
AddToComposite(dn,~Ad,"O");> AddToComposite(upvol,~Ad,"H");>
AddToComposite(dnvol,~Ad,"L");> > GraphXSpace=15;>
pds=Param("Smoothing Periods",11,1,20,1);>
ADissues=Foreign(Ad,"C");> Dissues=Foreign(Ad,"O");>
Advol=Foreign(Ad,"h");// High vol> Dvol=Foreign(Ad,"l");//low vol>
addecvol=EMA(Sum(advol,pds),pds)-EMA(Sum(dvol,pds),pds);>
Plot(addecvol,"AD VOL",IIf(addecvol>0,5,4),2);>
Plot(EMA(adissues,pds)-EMA(dissues,pds),"A/d",1,1|styleOwnScale);>
//Plot(EMA(dissues,pds),"Decliners",4,1);>
PlotGrid(0,colorWhite);> > Title="Advance/Decline"+"\n Advancing
Issues "> +WriteVal(EMA(Adissues,pds),1.0)+" Declining Issues>
"+WriteVal(EMA(dissues,pds),1.0);> > Regards,>
Jayson> -----Original Message-----> From: nb9trade
[mailto:clyde@xxxx]> Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 8:01 AM> To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Advance Declone
Line> > > A few more questions> 1. Since the a/d
applies to a group of stocks, Is there a difference> in the way it is
typed or pasted in? Does it go on the indicator> builder screen, the same
as other formulas? How do you designate> which stocks to
consider?> > 2. What is the proceedure for making it apply to a
specific group of> stocks? e.g. NYSE,NASDQ or better a watch
list?> > 3. I am assuming that if someone want the traditional
line, it would> be easy enought to change the formula? as
below> > Difference = ( AdvIssues - DecIssues)> ADLine =
Cum( DiffSqrt );> > Clyde> > > >
<gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> > From the help screens>
>> > Advance-Decline line (AD-Line)> > Line measuring
advances and declines that reflects market breadth.> In its>
> simplest form ADLine is a summation over time of the net daily>
difference> > between the number of advancing issues and the number of
declining> issues.> > AmiBroker uses slightly improved
formula which takes into account> also> > number of unchanged
issues. The exact AFL formula for AmiBroker's> ADLine is:>
>> > Difference = ( AdvIssues() - DecIssues() )/ ( UncIssues() + 1
);> > DiffSqrt = IIF( Difference > 0, sqrt( Difference ), - sqrt(
-> Difference )> > );> > ADLine = Cum( DiffSqrt
);> >> > This is a classical indicator which tends to give a
good reading> of the> > overall strength of the market. A break
in the A/D line usually> proceeds a> > break in prices. Look
for non-confirmation and divergence.> >> > See also AFL
Function reference: AFL Function: adline()> >> >
Cheers,> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.