Re: [amibroker] Re: Setting Beginning Date of Test Period

I looked at the Equity function a couple of weeks ago and couldn't
figure out a way to make it do what I wanted (maybe I'd have better
luck with my somewhat improved knowledge this week). For this
particular project I'm not looking for an automatic backtest system
with buy-sell rules, but a manual tool that I can plod along with,
testing my reactions to various custom indicators and the results
which ensue. The triple-click method which I described accomplishes
what I need at the moment, but out of curiosity and for future
projects I wondered why I was unable to code in a specific start or
end date if I wanted to go that route. Putting a value like 1010521
in the parentheses after DateNum yields only a syntax error. It may
be that my understanding of AFL is not sufficient to even pose a
valid question at this point.  --Ned

> Hello,
>
> Instead of working on manual backtester, wouldn't be easier to just
use built-in Equity function
> http://www.amibroker.com/f?equity
>
> You can use range markers with equity too:
>
> buy= ...
> sell = your system here
>
> graph0 = Equity( 0, 3, BeginValue( DateNum() ), EndValue( DateNum
() ) );

> And you will be able to see your equity chart changing immediatelly
as
> you change range markers.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko