[amibroker] Re: Setting Beginning Date of Test Period

I'm working on a manual backtester which allows me to progress bar by bar
through the past performance of a stock, view the custom indicator outputs
that would have been current at that time, make decisions on entry and exit
points, test entry and exit signals, etc., all with the "current" date at
the right margin with no "future" data yet visible. When the desired entry
date is at the right margin, I set the test period by triple-clicking on
that bar -- this sets the BeginValue(BarIndex()) to that date and resets
the SelectedValue(BarIndex()) to whatever date is at the right margin, with
the "days in trade" increasing by one each time I click the scroll bar
arrow or the bracket key (keyboard set up to behave like TC2000). Here is
an excerpt of the code which works in that manner:

Start=BeginValue(BarIndex());
Current=SelectedValue(BarIndex());
DaysInTradeInclusive=Current-Start+1;
EntryPrice=BeginValue(Close);
etc etc

This works fine for that purpose, but I would like to set up some backtest
indicator files preset with a specific start date or changeable with a
right-click "parameters" function rather than starting at the earliest data
date. So far I have not been able to enter the desired date in a location
or format which the program will accept.

Help, please!

Ned