Re: [amibroker] Coding Question (new user)

Herman,

Something along this lines may be added however there are
some problems.
Some other software I know calculates this so by
dividing initial equity by the number
of stocks under test and investing equal dollar amount into
each one at the very first bar
of analysis range (buy) and selling all of them at the
end.

This is however unrealistic when you are running portfolio
backtest over say 1000 or more symbols.
This is so because you would NEVER open 1000 simultaneous
positions in real life.
Also then the problem of commissions arises (if commission is
not percentage but fixed per trade)
then such super-small trades would generate loss.

At the other end we have an option to open only as many
positions as "maxopenpos" setting.
However then the B&H statistics would NOT represent entire
portfolio but just (first) few stocks under test.

As always the devil is in the details.

Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE