Re: [amibroker] Re: Exit Study -- attachment not stored

Hi hoss,

h> This is a decent piece of software.

More than decent, I would say.

h> Unfortunatly the developer has taylored it to those who enjoy
h> tinkering with softwere more than to those who need it for
h> trading.

I find this an odd statement, and I also should caution you of two
things right off the bat: 1) there are a tremendous number of people
here who can and will help you to achieve whatever you could possibly
dream of with this software, but 2) "the developer" is extremely well
liked by these folks, so quick criticism by someone who hasn't yet
even bothered to learn the tiny, easy things, will probably be looked
on rather unfavorably.  'Bite', 'hand', and 'feed' come to mind.

As for "needing it for trading", I wonder exactly what that means. Do
you have the "holy grail" in your mind, yet are unable to code it for
this or any other T/A software?  Nobody really "tinkers with the
software" here, rather they tinker with their own trading ideas, and
this software allows them to tinker much more freely and powerfully
than any other.

Now don't get me wrong.  Criticism is *certainly* accepted here. But
criticism prior to even making a quick pass at learning the basics is
pretty much frowned upon.

h>  That eventually will be to to the developers regret. As proud as
h> he may be of having it that way,in no time at all some other
h> developer is going to write something that the people who need it
h> can use. Certainly there is something somewhere on the web site
h> where the secrets of using the program are reveald but time is
h> valuable and people who actually trade need to spend their time
h> doing reesearch on the market. I'll bet that the developer is
h> totally clueless as to the number of people who don't register
h> because they never actually get to the point of looking at the
h> charts they want to see.

Gee, I hate to say this Hoss, but there is not a more technically
inept person on this list than me, a Japanese housewife who can't
formulate an algorithm to save her life.  Yet I got to the point you
(somewhat vaguely) describe in the paragraph above ("looking at the
charts [I] want to see") without too terribly much aggravation. Well,
I take that back; in the beginning it was a bit aggravating ^_^ but I
got there, and really not with much fuss.

Good luck.  Like many things in life, those that are sublimely easy
are often not worth so much, while those that are a bit more
difficult to master lead to rewards.  Gee, that kind of sounds like
trading to me, too.  ^_^  Yes, there is a learning curve. Yes, there
is no 'drag 'n' drop' for indicators yet, unlike some other software
-- yet.  But the really simple stuff is still pretty simple, the
documentation on how to do that is easy enough to read, and if you
can't make any effort at all, well, that's a choice we all have to
make, isn't it.  This is like of like a high performance jet fighter
plane.  You can do a lot with it, really, but unless you are willing
to read the manual you won't be able to even taxi the thing.

Again, good luck, and help is always here, happily and freely given;
just don't go off on the developer before you know enough about the
program to even have a respected opinion.  There is a vast pool of
talent here -- more vast than I think you can imagine.  Don't shoot
yourself in the foot -- please.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511