[amibroker] Re: Exit Study - A conceptual question

Jitu,

If you are like me and don't receive the posts via email, you can
always download files posted in emails at this site a day or so later.
<http://www.purebytes.com/archives/amibroker/2003/threads.html>

Hope this helps,

John

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtelang" <jtelang@xxxx> wrote:
> Howard,
>
> Could you please add it to the files section or mail it to me
> directly?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jitu
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard Bandy" <howardbandy@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Greetings all --
> >
> > Included with this message is my code for application of
parabolic
> stop
> > exits and profit target limit exits.  This version is a lot more
> complex
> > than the version I posted on December 14, 2003.  This version
> handles both
> > long and short trades.  The comment section at the beginning of
the
> code
> > gives the details.
> >
> > I have examined "scans", "explorations" and "trade lists" for
many
> tickers
> > and believe that all the code is consistent.  If any of you find
> any errors,
> > please let me know as soon as possible so I can correct them.
> >
> > There are many ways to set the initial conditions for the
parabolic
> stop.
> > In this version, I set it a multiple of the three day ATR away
from
> the
> > entry.  As the trade progresses, the stop moves upward (for a
long
> trade),
> > creating a floor under the trade.
> >
> > There are many ways to set up a profit target (limit order)
exit.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511