[amibroker] Re: Bannana Republics & honest markets

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>b,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
think you will find that Paul's plug-in already has this functionality and what
you describe is exactly how I handle dividends in my non-AB
software.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: b
  [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 9:21
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] A
  (Simple?) Sugguestion for the CSI plug-in (was dividend
  issues)--- quanttrader714
  <quanttrader714@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> First, because I saw an
  implication in one post that others> should jump on this bandwagon and
  convince Tomasz to implement it and> I feel that would be a colossal
  waste of his limited time.  Mark, Chuck, Tomasz, Paul,
  etc.I think there is fairly simple solution which would involve very
  little extraprogramming work. This solution does not require any new code
  within AB itself. All that would be needed is a way to tell the CSI
  plugin which type of adjusted datato put into the O,H,L,C fields. Then a
  user could, if they wish, select theirpersonal choice of the 3 types of
  adjusted data offered by CSI (split adjusted,split adjusted plus dividend
  adjusted by subtraction, or split adjusted plusdividend adjusted by
  ratio). Ideally, the plug-in would be able to support and update 2
  databases for use by AB:one without dividend adjustments and one with
  dividends adjustments. Here is how itmight look:Database One would
  have the following data:O,H,L,C = O,H,L,C adjusted for splits (but not for
  dividends)V = Volume not adjusted for splitsOI = Close not adjusted
  for splits (the "raw" close).Database Two would have the
  following:O,H,L,C = O,H,L,C adjusted for both splits and dividendsV =
  same as the first databaseOI = same as the first databaseMy guess
  is everyone would want Database One since that would be similar to
  dataother users would be using from most providers - thus allowing users
  to compare testresults. Some CSI users, perhaps a minority,
  perhaps a majority, might also wish for theirown peace of mind to re-run
  system tests using Database Two - just to be sure that asystem's results
  were not biased by the absence of dividends in Database One.Is it
  "doable" to give the CSI plugin the ability to maintain two distinct
  databasesfor AB? By that I mean is this doable without it requiring a lot
  of extraprogramming?
  Yahoo!?Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes<A
  href="">http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonusSend
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.