RE: [amibroker] dividend (more on the subject)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Gerry,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Over
the last five days (or so), there's been more posts on the treatment of
dividends that the average person really wanted to see.  I suggest that you
have a look through those posts.   If you have any specific queries
after reading them, I'm sure someone here will be glad to help.   I
would suggest, however, that it isn't only relevant to long term investors since
even short term investors (hopefully) backtest over long periods of
time.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
luck!
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: gerryjoz
  [mailto:gerryj@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 4:12
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  dividend effectsOne would think that if a larger (or
  smaller) than expected dividend is announced, that on that date there
  would be some price action, and also on the ex-dividend date that the
  price action would be related to the dividend amount.Has anyone
  tried to incorporate or allow for dividend effects in indicators or
  AA?Why do i ask....i keep getting sell or buy signals at these times,
  when i might reasonably be compensated (instead of selling) by a
  cheque in the mail so to speak, or not buy a stock that is rising back
  to it's pre dividend price at a just reasonable rate. To put it another
  way, these are signals i might ignore in practice, but a trading system
  that ignores them can give misleading results on when to trade if it is
  optimized with these effects unaccounted for.Any suggestions will be
  appreciated, especially from those who hold shares long enough for
  dividend effects to matter.Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.