RE: [amibroker] Re: Draw vertical line

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks DT, I now understand what you are doing and indeed this
may offer a solution.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>However I still do not 'understand' what happens in my code and unless I
find out I have to scrap a larger program that uses this kind of approach. I use
subscripts because i want to be able process many stocks quickly, it executes
much faster in this particular application.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>thanks DT, your feedback did suggest some new
angles!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: January 8, 2004 3:41
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] The
  catalogue IDLet us suppose that all stocks belong to
  WL60.This will be our stock catalogue.Then, for the catalogue number
  ID of each stock [for AA or IB windows] , you may use
  theListnum=60;id=0;list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist,
  listnum );    for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != "";
  i++ )
  {if(sym==Name()){id=i;}}Filter=1;AddColumn(id,"catalogue
  ID",1.0);AddColumn(Status("stocknum"),"OrdNo",1.0);This catalogue
  ID is unique for each stock and does not change when you work with various
  WatchLists, Groups or even for a single current stock.It is
  fundamentally different from the result of Ordinal Number, available
  through Status("StockNum").If, for example, you explore a WL with 5
  members, then the OrdNo will be *always* from 0 to 4, no matter what
  stocks belong to this WL.The Ordinal Number is not unique for each stock
  and, consequently, can not be univocally assigned to a stock.If, for
  example, you select *current* stock in AA, OrdNo will be always 0 [for any
  selected stock].OrdNo is also 0 in indicator builder windows, because we
  select one stock from the symbol tree.The above described ID is also
  independent of the stock history. If the ID=15 stops trading [for any
  reason] and has shorter history, it is still the ID=15 until you delete it
  from the database.It will only change when new stocks are added or old
  stocks are deleted. We can not avoid this change, any WL has an alphabetic
  order of stocks.Dimitris TsokakisSend BUG
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.