[amibroker] Re: Draw vertical line

Let us suppose that all stocks belong to WL60.This will be our stock
catalogue.
Then, for the catalogue number ID of each stock [for AA or IB
windows] , you may use the

Listnum=60;id=0;
list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
   for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
if(sym==Name())
{id=i;}
}
Filter=1;
AddColumn(id,"catalogue ID",1.0);
AddColumn(Status("stocknum"),"OrdNo",1.0);

This catalogue ID is unique for each stock and does not change when
you work with various WatchLists, Groups or even for a single current
stock.
It is fundamentally different from the result of Ordinal Number,
available through Status("StockNum").
If, for example, you explore a WL with 5 members, then the OrdNo will
be *always* from 0 to 4, no matter what stocks belong to this WL.
The Ordinal Number is not unique for each stock and, consequently,
can not be univocally assigned to a stock.
If, for example, you select *current* stock in AA, OrdNo will be
always 0 [for any selected stock].
OrdNo is also 0 in indicator builder windows, because we select one
stock from the symbol tree.
The above described ID is also independent of the stock history.
If the ID=15 stops trading [for any reason] and has shorter history,
it is still the ID=15 until you delete it from the database.
It will only change when new stocks are added or old stocks are
deleted. We can not avoid this change, any WL has an alphabetic order
of stocks.
Dimitris Tsokakis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511