[amibroker] Conversion to Amibroker

[ace] <FONT
face="Courier New" size=3>I read somewhere in one of
O'neil's books that IBD uses a higher weighting for more recent data, but they
never say what the weighting is.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
Would this
help?
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>herman
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>

QuotePlus RS Rk
 Relative Strength is a measure of price change over the past 12 months
compared to all the other companies in the Industry Monitors database.
 Results are ranked from 1 through 99.  Rankings between 1-59 are
colored Red; 60-79 are colored Yellow; 80-99 are colored Green
A minimum of 120 trading days is required to compute the relative
strength ranking.   The following weightings are applied depending on
the number of days available.
240 (4 quarters) (40,20,20,20)
180 (3 quarters) (50,30,20)
120 (2 quarters) (60,40)
Source:  Computed Value
Filter category:  Rankings
<FONT
face="Courier New">
<FONT
face="Courier New">

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: harveyhp
  [mailto:harveyhp@xxxxxxx]Sent: January 6, 2004 3:55
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: How to test IBD's idea?
  Ace,
  Thanks for the explanation.  Obviously I
  need to do a lot more studying.  I don't want to burden you with ongoing
  explanations, but one area of puzzlement is your point 2 in the first part:
  "Select a stock or index with more data bars than the total number of stocks
  in the sample group.  So if you are using 3000 stocks make sure the
  current Ticker has at least 3001 days of data in it."  Is this an
  unavoidable result of the calculation method?  With a five-year history
  and a 4000 stock database it would be necessary to take three or four bites at
  the data and it might be difficult to ensure that each bite is a
  respresntative sample.  Is this correct?
  HHP
  <BLOCKQUOTE