[amibroker] Re: How to test IBD's idea?

There
was a drop of $10.92 on December 2, depending on where you get your data and how
dividends are handled.   This is THE BIGGEST problem with
data.   If I set switches in my data program so that it is
backadjusted for dividends, prices actually go negative in early
years.   So, like most people, I don't have my data backadjusted for
dividends.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
But,
then what do you do with an $11 virtual loss that isn't really a
loss?   There simply isn't a good answer for it.   In my own
backtesting software,  if dividends occur during the life of a trade,
they get deducted from the entry price so that P/L figures are
right.   AmiBroker can't really do that for us since it doesn't know
about dividends.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
So,
Chris, I've given you a lot of words but haven't really answered your
question.  I can only "feel" for you.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ara Kaloustian
  [mailto:ara1@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 11:15
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  dividendI have different data for 12/2 (from
  QP)Open: 20.20, High: 22.14, Low: 20.00, Close: 22.05Dont see a
  drop???Your data may be----- Original Message ----- From:
  "indiana0352" <cs_winn@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 6:34
  PMSubject: [amibroker] dividend> Does anyone know how I can
  compensate for large dividend payments> made by companies in the stock
  prices in AB??>> eh  NCRX which paid out a $10.92 cash
  dividend on Dec 2, shows in AB> as dropping significantly that day when
  really it didn't.>> The only way I could firgure it out would be
  to do a reverse> division and calculate a split value which I
  enter.  Is there an> easier way?>> TIA,>
  Chris>>> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Groups is subject to:>  <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>Send
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.