Re: [amibroker] Re: Semi-Off Topic: InfoSelect Msg Import

Hello,

> > Questions:
> >
> > 1) Can I expect data lag and how much using the IB-QT-AB Pro
> realtime
> > setup? I would have about 5 charts open and streaming.

You should expect about 5 to 10 seconds lag depending on settings
http://www.amibroker.com/qtracker.html when working with QuoteTracker plugin
due to poll-only nature of QT's HTTP server.

> > 2) Are there any problems overwriting the intraday IB data with  Lycos
> > intraday every night?
No.

> > 3) How much lag can I expect for the AFL formula (signal) to react
> > intraday data. Can I set it up to signal on 1 or 2 tickers  (charts),
> > the other charts are indexes?

If you use the formulas inside indicators then no additional lag
except mentioned above. If you use Automatic Analysis "auto-scan"
feature the lag depends on the frequency of scanning you choose.

> > 4) I installed a seperate instance of AB to another directory
> > (/AmiBrokerRealTime) Amiquote appears to retain it's settings
> across
> > directories? When I opened my EOD AB (/AmiBroker) Amiquote showed
> > Lycos 1 minute for download settings instead of my usual Yahoo EOD.
> > How can I fix this so I don't accidently "corrupt" the databases?

AmiQuote stores "last type of run" in the registry. Hence 'last run type' is always selected.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com