RE: [amibroker] Update from CSI regarding calls to their API

2
instances is not the same a 2 installations.  And instance is when you
double click on the shortcut to the program (or the program file).

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Each
instance will open with the default database but you can change it if
needed.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: jnk1997
  [mailto:jnk1997@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 5:33
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  TJ Help : AB Professional Upgrade>>Please
  quote the reference in the user guide and web site you are refering
  too<<From Tutorial-Updating Quotes-How to use Amibroker in Real
  timeWorking with intraday and daily chartsIf you want to have long
  daily histories AND intraday charts you should consider running TWO
  instances of AmiBroker. One for EOD charts and second for intraday
  charting. Both may use the same real-time data
  source.>>>If a signal is generated then the signal result
  will appear in the AA grid. If  you click that result in the grid it
  will appear on the chart as per EOD mode. If you want the symbol to
  automatically appear on the chart then you need to create a custom
  indicator that plots this.<<<<Ohhh man! Another
  &*^%$ project! (LOL)RegardsJim---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Peters" <williampeters@xxxx>
  wrote:> Jim,> > >The EOD AFL trading formulas I use
  create buy and sell arrows on the > >chart when you double click
  the results. Are you saying that using > >this afl formula in scan
  mode in real time these signals will not > >automatically appear on
  the 1 minute charts? This will require more > >programming???
  What kind of signal or alert will the AFL formula > >generate in
  realtime??> > If a signal is generated then the signal result
  will appear in the AA grid. If  you click that result in the grid it
  will appear on the chart as per EOD mode. If you want the symbol to
  automatically appear on the chart then you need to create a custom
  indicator that plots this.> > > >I believe that
  was recommended by Thomasz on the AB site or users > >manual for
  users of both EOD and real time. He also recommended a > >seperate
  database for intraday data, so I figured I would just > >install the
  new AB in another directory and that would solve the > >problem.
  Guess not. What happens now if I use the windows delete > >program
  wizard to delete the second instance of AB? Will it tear up >
  >my old EOD AB to shreds, formulas, settings etc.. ?> >
  Please quote the reference in the user guide and web site you are refering
  too.> > > >>>The problem is this: If you use QT
  as your datasource then your > tickers will not have the option to
  store the data locally so how do > you then import data from
  Quote.com and have it hold within a > database.<<<>
  > >If I grasp what you are saying is that the Data that is imported
  from > >IB through QT is not stored in AB Pro ??? Not sure of
  what you mean.> > As I said i'm still experimenting with
  this side of things and and not sure exactly how it works.> I've
  just re-read a section from the users guide titled: 'Tutorial:
  Understanding AmiBroker database concepts'> > and it appears
  that all we have to do is to enable local storage in the database settings
  page, the elaborate procedure I mentioned is not necessary. This should
  enable us  to use QT and store any imported quotes locally.
  (hopefully)> > WilliamSend BUG REPORTS
  to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.