Re: [amibroker] Overhead of large and/or multiple #include files

Dave,

I've been doing this for a while now with no problems.  Before I went down this road, I'd asked Tomasz the same question, and he'd indicated that the only real restriction is that the .afl file can't get bigger than 64K.

Regards,
GaryDave Merrill <dmerrill@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I was thinking of moving the code for generating (but not plotting) many ofthe custom indicators I have into functions in a single include file. Thatwould make all those functions available to any pane, just like the built inones, for use as confirming indicators or whatever.However, it would also mean including a relatively large file just to use asingle custom indicator, as opposed to copying only needed functions intoany custom indicator that needed it. Frequently, it would also meanincluding more than one file, since I'd be leaving other more generalpurpose utilities in <common.afl>.Does anyone, Tomasz included, have a sense of how much net performanceoverhead there is to using large #include files, or multiple files?Thanks,DaveSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
 SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html

Do you Yahoo!?