From: acesheet@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:acesheet@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2003 11:11 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Import Industry Assignments

Never mind. I figured it out. Here's what I added just below the
stock.IndustryID variable:

stock.MarketID = parseInt( fields[ 3 ] );

However, in your Industries.csv file you'll need another column with
the zero-based integer number for the market you are adding to.

-ace

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, acesheet@xxxx wrote:
> Graham,
>
> Thanks for posting all this information. Just knowing how to do
this
> is a huge load off my database setup chores. I did it and it
worked
> perfectly.
>
> I have one more question, however. How can I assign the market
> category using the javascript file? I assume it would have to be
> some other sort of 'stock.****' variable, but I'm not a java
> programmer and I'm not sure of the syntax that would be required.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -ace
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> > Harvey, the js file below is a newer (or at least different)
> version to the
> > one I use.
> > Here is the full file I use and I find it works :)
> > Seems the one enhancement I did is now in the newer js file,
> message to say
> > it is finished.
> >

> > /* change this line according to your data file name */
> >
> > var filename = "Industries.csv";
> > var fso, f, r;
> > var ForReading = 1;
> > var AmiBroker;
> > var fields;
> > var stock;
> >
> > /* Create AmiBroker app object */
> > AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
> >
> > /* ... and file system object */
> > fso = new ActiveXObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" );
> >
> > /* open ASCII file */
> > f = fso.OpenTextFile( filename, ForReading);
> >
> > /* read the file line by line */
> > while ( !f.AtEndOfStream )
> > {
> >
> > r = f.ReadLine();
> >
> > /* split the lines using comma as a separator */
> > fields = r.split(",");
> >
> > /* add a ticker - this is safe operation, in case that */
> > /* ticker already exists, AmiBroker returns existing one */ stock =
> > AmiBroker.Stocks.Add( fields[ 0 ] );
> >
> > stock.FullName = fields[ 1 ];
> > stock.IndustryID = parseInt( fields[ 2 ] );
> >

> > }
> >
> > /* refresh ticker list and windows */ AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
> >

> > WScript.Echo("Industry Setup Finished" );
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Graham
> > http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading
> > http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

for
> > formatting errors, but first I have to get this script to find
the
> file.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > HHP
> >
> > /*
> > ** AmiBroker/Win32 scripting Example
> > **
> > ** File:         Industries.js
> > ** Created:  Tomasz Janeczko, November 26th, 2000
> > ** Last updated: Tomasz Janeczko, December 17th, 2000
> > ** Purpose:  Import industy assignments
> > ** Language:     JavaScript (Windows Scripting Host)
> > **
> > ** The data is stored in lines with following format
> > **
> > */
> >
> > WScript.Echo( "Script Started" );
> >
> > /* change this line according to your data file name */
> > ImportStocks("industry_data.txt");
> >
> > WScript.Echo( "Finished" );
> >

> > function ImportStocks( filename )
> > {
> >         var fso, f, r;
> >         var ForReading = 1;
> >         var AmiBroker;
> >         var fields;
> >         var stock;
> >

> >         /* Create AmiBroker app object */
> >         AmiBroker = new ActiveXObject( "Broker.Application" );
> >
> >         /* ... and file system object */
> >         fso = new ActiveXObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" );
> >
> >         /* open ASCII file */
> >         f = fso.OpenTextFile( filename, ForReading);
> >
> >         i = 1;
> >         /* read the file line by line */
> >         while ( !f.AtEndOfStream )
> >         {
> >                 r =  f.ReadLine();
> >
> >                 /* split the lines using comma as a separator */
> >                 fields = r.split(",");
> >
> >                 try
> >                 {
> >
> >                         /* add a ticker - this is safe
operation,
> in case
> > that   */
> >                         /* ticker already exists, AmiBroker
> returns existing
> > one */
> >                         stock = AmiBroker.Stocks.Add( fields[
> 0 ] );
> >
> >                         stock.FullName = fields[ 1 ];
> >
> >                         stock.IndustryID = parseInt( fields[
2 ] );
> >                 }
> >                 catch( e )
> >                 {
> >                                 WScript.echo( "There is a
problem
> in line
> > no." + i + ".\nThe line looks as follows:\n'" + r + "'\nIt will
be
> skipped
> > and next lines will be processed as normal" );
> >                 }
> >
> >                 i++;
> >         }
> >
> >         /* refresh ticker list and windows */
> >         AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
> >
> > }

> > At 11:06 PM 07/12/2003, you wrote:
> >

> > 1st check that the file with the industry data is correctly
> identified in
> > the js file. If you have both the js file and the data file in
the
> same
> > directory you do not need to use the directory structure to
refer
> to it in
> > the js file. I just have them both in a subdirectory wiuthin Ab
> called
> > /scripts/
> >
> > Here is the reference for it from my js file
> >
> > var filename = "Industries.csv";
> >
> > Another thing to watch for is that your names etc in the lists
are
> firstly
> > separated by commas, and you do not have any extra commas within
> the names.
> > I have found this in the list I get from the ASX of companies
and
> their
> > sectors that the names often have commas within them. These
extra
> commas
> > need to be removed.
> >
> > Hope this helps a little
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Graham
> > http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading
> > http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

Lexmark

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cjho951/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D

web/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1070931713/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.
> com/Def
> > ault?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here
> >

> >  []
> > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmai
> > l/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=171033672>
> >

> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >

> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx