RE: [amibroker] Re: Summing question

Thanks Gary, been up for
hours here though, and the ASX market already started in the east states,
even had breakfast :)

Just to add to this, the
column heading determines the width of the column when you first do the explore.
With just "rs1" it was not wide enough to fit the numbers below. so I just added
some ----'s to widen the column.

The 1.2 determines the
number of decimal places to show, in this case 2 decimal places. A single 1
means no decimal places.

Cheers,Graham<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gary A.
  Serkhoshian [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, 17
  December 2003 8:37 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Summing
  question
  Eric,

  Graham is probably fast asleep as he's down-under, but I don't think
  he'll mind if I speak for him on this : )

  What is the "----"

  It's just part of the label.  Everything
  between quotes is a column label.
  what is the
  "1.2"?
  It indicates the width of the
  column, and the number of decimal places.

  Here's the help file
  :

  <FONT
  face="Courier New">
  AddColumn( array, name, format = 1.2, textColor = colorDefault,
  bkgndColor = colorDefault )

  eleake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq
  >Can
    you explain the changes you made to the AddColum statements?I had
    AddColumn (RS1, "RS1);You have AddColumn (rs1, "rs----1",
    1.2);What is the "----" and what is the
    "1.2"?-Eric.--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham"
    <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> I checked it on my eod databse and the
    sum works ok> RS1 = ROC(Close, 260);
    //Optimize("ROC",28,20,120,15);> RS2 = ROC(Close, 130);> RS3 =
    ROC(Close, 65);> RS4 = ROC(Close, 20);> > RS = RS1 +
    RS2 + RS3 + RS4;> Filter=1;>
    AddColumn(rs1,"rs----1",1.2);> AddColumn(rs2,"rs----2",1.2);>
    AddColumn(rs3,"rs----3",1.2);> AddColumn(rs4,"rs----4",1.2);>
    AddColumn(rs,"rs---all",1.2);> > If you are doing it in daily
    mode in your intraday database do you have 260> days (12 months)
    of data?> > I have nearly 12 months of data in my intraday, so
    I changed the first to> 200 days and it worked. If you have less
    than the longest timespan then you> Null result>
    TimeFrameSet(inDaily);> RS1 = ROC(Close, 200);
    //Optimize("ROC",28,20,120,15);> > > Cheers,>
    [mailto:eleake@xxxx] > Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2003 7:52
    AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker]
    Summing question> > > Ok, I think I need to use up
    another one of my "dumb questions" from > my new user allotment.
    I am looking to sum 4 ROC periods into an > index, but the following
    code only gives me the 240 number:> >
    EnableRotationalTrading();> TimeFrameSet(inDaily); //Examine RS on a
    weekly basis> RS1 = ROC(Close, 260);
    //Optimize("ROC",28,20,120,15);> RS2 = ROC(Close, 130);> RS3 =
    ROC(Close, 65);> RS4 = ROC(Close, 20);> > RS = RS1 +
    RS2 + RS3 + RS4;> > I used AddColumn to display all four ROC
    periods in order to check > the results, and the RS column is the
    same as the 240. > RS=RS1+RS2+RS3+RS4; isn't summing the four
    periods.> > Secondly, the backtest report is showing trades
    being executed > intraday-buying @11:05 and selling @12:15 on the
    same day. The daily > mode is set at the beginning of the code,
    and I have "daily" in the > settings.> > Whats
    up?> > -Eric. > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
    bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
    Groups is subject to:  <A
    href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/Send
    <A
    group FAQ at: <A

      To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
      href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
      href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

  Do you Yahoo!?<A
  href="">New
  Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing Send BUG REPORTS
  to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to