RE: [amibroker] Re: how do i calculate slope of a ma?

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Yuki,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>LinRegSlope measures the slope of the linear regression of any line.
Numbers >0 indicate a rising slope, <0 a falling one. A rising line
indicates strength of that slope is increasing and the reverse for a falling
line.  The trick is picking the correct number of look back days for the
start of the study. For instance plot....
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT
color=#282828>
pds=<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Param("Look back",14,1,50,1<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff size=2>);
x=<FONT
face=Arial> LinRegSlope(C,pds<FONT
color=#282828>);<FONT
color=#0000ff>
Plot<FONT
size=2>(x,""<FONT
color=#282828>,4<FONT
color=#282828>,1<FONT
color=#282828>);

by
adjusting the pds (RT click then parameters) you will see how the slope changes
over time. I use LinRegSlope to confirm what I already know  :)

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Yuki Taga
[mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:11
AMTo: JaysonSubject: Re: [amibroker] Re: how do i
calculate slope of a ma?Hi Jayson,Tuesday,
December 16, 2003, 3:57:59 PM, you wrote:J> maybe just look at the
built in function LinRegSlope()Jayson, does this produce the slope of
any line?  I have been lookingfor a good slope calculation for
years.  Slope is one of the"eyeball" things I trade on a discretionary
basis with.  But I havenever been able to quantify it.Yuki
(teach me slope, please!)Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.