[amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas

HB,

Good idea.

I used to Filter based upon a Risk/Reward ratio calculation, but have
not yet used it as a PositionScore.

Thanks,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "HB" <hmab@xxxx> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> The reward-risk ratio is on a per signal basis.  Each potential buy
signal is ranked by its RR ratio.

> RR = potential reward for this trade / potential risk for this trade
>
> I don't think that's the same as UPI, right ?
>
> HB

The higher the ratio, the better.

>     I'm also going to check out the suggestion of using system's
past performance on the stock.  That's how I regularly select my
basket, but I never thought of using it to rank.  This would be akin
to what Chuck & other have been saying all along.  I.e. don't select a
basket, let the ranking sort through all stocks and pick the good ones.

>     HB

The QP2 QRS
>       >       value is supposed to be a 'knockoff' of the IBD RS
ranking score.
>       >
>       >       I almost always get a significant boost using this ranking
>       figure as
>       >       as the positionscore.
>       >
>       >       If you do not have QP2, but have any ideas about how to do
>       your own RS
>       >       Rank calculation, I'd be happy to run some comparisons
for you (or
>       >       anyone else) to measure your calculated RS Rank
against QP2's
>       QRS rank.
>       >
>       >       Cheers,
>       >
>       >       Phsst
>       >       --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa"
<advenosa@xxxx>
>       wrote:
>       >       > Hi, all:
>       >       >
>       >       > I've been experimenting with variuos short term
trading systems
>       >       lately (average trade durations of about 2.5 days),
and I was
>       looking
>       >       for ideas on how best to rank a watchlist to get the best
>       candidates
>       >       for portfolio trading a basket of 4 stocks. I was
wondering if
>       anyone
>       >       would care to share any ideas on how you use the
PositionScore
(http://www.grisoft.com).
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       >       (Web page:
>       >       --------------------------------------------
>       >       Check group FAQ at:
>       >
>       >       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
>       Service.
>       >
>       >