[amibroker] Re: Exrem - Buy Only

Dave, Graham, Phsst, et al - thanks for your help.

My reason for the orignial ExRem question was because the 10 day
Pullback strategy is a Long only strategy - Sells and Shorts are not
part of my needs in this case.  I'll use my own Stops and exits.

I only wanted Buy signals at the Buy = L <= Ref(LLV(L,y),-1.
Without ExRem, I get those multiple signals on the chart, and it just
adds "noise" and confusion (at least to me).  And without a
Sell/Cover statement, ExRem doesn't work.

I originally used ExRem and just ignored the Sell arrows.

Below is all of the original code that worked - I may just stick to
this!!!!

y=10;
Sell = H >= Ref(HHV(H,y),-1);

Buy = L <= Ref(LLV(L,y),-1);

Short=Sell;

Cover = Buy;

Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell);Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);

Short=ExRem(Short,Cover);Cover=ExRem(Cover,Short);

Filter= Close > 2 AND ( Buy OR Sell ) ;
AddTextColumn( FullName(), "Full name", 77 , colorDefault, IIf( Close
< 10, colorLightBlue, colorDefault ) );

AddColumn (Close, "Close");

AddColumn(IIf(Buy,1,IIf(Short,-1,0)),"Signal",1.0);

AddColumn(RSI(14),"RSI",1.2);

Thanks to all for your help.

Ed

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
wrote:
> MessageYes, of course, you're right. Even if the backtester removes
> redundant signals before atually trading, if your code needs to
know when
> the last entry happened, or the BuyPrice at that time, etc., you
need to
> remove them yourself before looking for those kinds of infos.
>
> Dave
>   The one main area where the additional buy signals cause a
problem is when
> your sell is related to the buy signal either by time or price. The
sell
> will recognise the additional buy signals and reset its calculation
based on
> that. This can cause the sell to move further out, or in event of
applystop
> could bring it sooner, than would otherwise be the case. This would
make
> your backtesting produce unreal results. Of course this would not
be the
> case if you use the additional buy signals within your trade plan.
>
>    Cheers,
>   Graham
>   http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading
>   http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia

Flag (1st
> parameter) value 1:
>
>     "works as 0 but additionally updates buy/sell/short/cover
arrays so all
> redundant signals are removed exactly as it is done internally by
the
> backtester plus all exits by stops are applied so it is now
possible to
> visualise ApplyStop() stops."
>
>     Dave
>       <which the backtester does automatically anyway>
>
>       Dave,
>
>       I'm pretty sure that the backtester does NOT automatically do
as you
> say.
>
>       I've spent quite a lot of time working with the backtester,
and
>       determined that I *ALWAYS* need to perform the ExRem
functions myself
>       in order to have absolute control over the last Buy, Sell,
Short &

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511