RE: [amibroker] Re: Reading AA Filter setting in afl

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thank you DT, InLine...

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: December 13, 2003 10:43
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Reading AA Filter setting in afl
  Herman,I do not know how to retrieve the WL No of the ApplyTo
  filter, but, even if I could it would be useless for your example.
  When you useList=CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist,12);<SPAN
  class=610532100-14122003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>But the number "12" would not be a constant, it would be a function or
  afl code that would return the number for the current watchlist selected
  in the Filter. This would mean that my code would track changes i made to the
  filter settings without having to edit my code each time.

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>I prefer code that adapts to my preferences/settings without having to
  edit the code (WL# here) each time - and forget it now and then
  :-)
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Ideally, and Tomasz will eventually get to that, we should be able to
  set&retrieve all/most user settings in code. Many are already
  implemented.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>have a great day,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>herman
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>you will get the members of WL12,
  no matter what ApplyTo is used<FONT
  face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2> .Try, for
  example, to use *current stock [only one stock selected] and explore for
  the n=1 last quotations
  withList=CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist,12);for( i = 0; ( sym =
  StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
  {SetForeign(sym);AddColumn(C,sym);}RestorePriceArrays();Filter=1;AddColumn(C,"current
  stock");You will see that the columns are according to WL12 members
  and have nothing to do with the selected filter.On the other side, we
  may have even two identical Watchlists, it is allowed, with same
  polulation, same stocks, same WL comma separated string.We could do it
  perhaps if you were working with Groups, since the belong relation is
  exclusive for Groups.Dimitris Tsokakis--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
  wrote:> MessageThanks Graham, this is a good start but it returns
  all the watchlist> numbers the current stock belongs to.... I want
  to know only the one that> the filter is set to. basically to
  prevent having to update the N in> GetCategorySymbols(
  categoryWatchlist, N); each time I use a different>
  watchlist.> > Any way to do that you think?> >
  h> > > > >   -----Original
  Message----->   From: Graham
  [mailto:gkavanagh@xxxx]>   Sent: December 13, 2003 5:24
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Reading AA Filter setting in afl> >
  >   Try this>
  for(i=0;i<=63;i++)> >
  {if(InWatchList(i))AddColumn(i,"wl",1);}> >
  Filter=1;> > > >
  Cheers,>   Graham>   <A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading>
  <A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia>
  >     -----Original
  Message----->     From: Herman vandenBergen
  [mailto:psytek@xxxx]>     Sent: Saturday, 13
  December 2003 5:14 PM>     To:
  AmiBroker>     Subject: [amibroker] Reading AA
  Filter setting in afl> > >
  Hello,> >     is there a way to determine,
  in afl, the watchlist number of the one> selected in the Apply-To,
  Filter, Watchlist setting?> >     many
  thanks for any help you can give,> >
  h> > >     Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>     Send SUGGESTIONS to