[amibroker] Re: Reading AA Filter setting in afl

Herman,
I do not know how to retrieve the WL No of the ApplyTo filter, but,
even if I could it would be useless for your example.
When you use
List=CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist,12);
you will get the members of WL12, no matter what ApplyTo is used.
Try, for example, to use *current stock [only one stock selected] and
explore for the n=1 last quotations with
List=CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist,12);
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
SetForeign(sym);
AddColumn(C,sym);
}
RestorePriceArrays();
Filter=1;
AddColumn(C,"current stock");

You will see that the columns are according to WL12 members and have
nothing to do with the selected filter.
On the other side, we may have even two identical Watchlists, it is
allowed, with same polulation, same stocks, same WL comma separated
string.
We could do it perhaps if you were working with Groups, since the
belong relation is exclusive for Groups.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> MessageThanks Graham, this is a good start but it returns all the
watchlist
> numbers the current stock belongs to.... I want to know only the
one that
> the filter is set to. basically to prevent having to update the N in
> GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, N); each time I use a
different
> watchlist.
>
> Any way to do that you think?

Service.