[amibroker] Re: Multiple time frames question

Hi Dimitri,

Interesting.

The user guide states that
Avg is equivilent to (H+L+C)/3.  After performing a quick comparison
exploration I notice there is a very small fractional difference when dividing
large numbers but that is all.

After adding this (<FONT
size=3>Avg<FONT
color=#000000>-L<FONT
color=#000000>+L <FONT
size=2>) to his formula you are right it does seem to correct it...some funny
things going on.
Regards,William Peters<A
href="">www.amitools.com
-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS [<A
href="">mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday
December 12, 2003 12:55 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] Re: Multiple time frames questionWilliam,Frankly
speaking, I used this formulas for StochD() and it was OKafter extended
checks. So, I thought it could be easily transferredto Avg or any other
array, but it didn't [!!].I can not explain this.I also noticed the
difference when, instead of pvtW=Avg; I simplywrote pvtW=Avg-L+L;I do
not use Avg array and there is no experience for its behavior.Dimitris
Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William
Peters"<williampeters@xxxx> wrote:> Hi,>> I'm not
sure why it's not working but this seems to work ok.>>
TimeFrameSet( inWeekly );> sW=2*Avg-L;> rW=2*Avg-H;> pvtW=(
H + L + C )/3;> TimeFrameRestore();>>
WeeklyS=TimeFrameExpand(sW,inWeekly);>
WeeklyR=TimeFrameExpand(rW,inWeekly);>
WeeklyPvt=TimeFrameExpand(pvtW,inWeekly);  //expanded>>
Plot(C, "Daily Close", colorIndigo,64 );> Plot( WeeklyS, "WeeklyS",
colorBlue);> Plot( WeeklyR, "WeeklyR", colorBlue);>
Plot(weeklyPvt, "WeeklyPvt", colorYellow);  //plot>>
Regards,> William Peters>
www.amitools.com>>>>>> -----Original
Message-----> From: nkis22 [<A
href="">mailto:nkishor@x...]> Sent: Thursday December
11, 2003 10:05 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: Multiple time frames question>>> Added
weekly pivot- weekly avg but why does the graph not plot in> bwteen
weekly support and weekly resistence line? Any idea?>>
TimeFrameSet( inDaily );> sD = C;> TimeFrameSet( inWeekly
);> sW=2*Avg-L; rW=2*Avg-H;>
pvtW=Avg;
//added> TimeFrameRestore();> DailyClose=TimeFrameExpand( sD,
inDaily);> WeeklyS=TimeFrameExpand(sW,inWeekly);>
WeeklyR=TimeFrameExpand(rW,inWeekly);>
WeeklyPvt=TimeFrameExpand(pvtW,inWeekly);  //expanded>>
Plot(DailyClose, "Daily Close", colorIndigo,64 );> Plot( WeeklyS,
"WeeklyS", colorBlue);> Plot( WeeklyR, "WeeklyR", colorBlue);>
Plot(weeklyPvt, "WeeklyPvt", colorYellow);
//plot>>>>>>>>>>>
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS
TSOKAKIS"<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>> wrote:> > My previous reply
[not arrived yet] had a wrong title.> > Here is the new one>
>> > TimeFrameSet( inDaily );> > sD = C;> >
TimeFrameSet( inWeekly );> > sW=2*Avg-L; rW=2*Avg-H;> >
TimeFrameRestore();> > DailyClose=TimeFrameExpand( sD,
inDaily);> > WeeklyS=TimeFrameExpand(sW,inWeekly);> >
WeeklyR=TimeFrameExpand(rW,inWeekly);> > Plot(DailyClose, "Daily
Close", colorIndigo,64 );> > Plot( WeeklyS, "WeeklyS",
colorBlue);> > Plot( WeeklyR, "WeeklyR", colorBlue);> >
Dimitris Tsokakis> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "epintoem"
<epintoem@xxxx>wrote:> > > I can plot the daily pivots
using AVG, 2*avg-L, and 2*avg-h.> > > how would I plot the same on
a daily chart for the week> > >> > > I should have a
straight line for the following week/month based> on> > >
the H,L and C of the prev week/month.> > >
wc=TimeFrameCompress(C,inWeekly);> > >
wh=TimeFrameCompress(H,inWeekly);> > >
wl=TimeFrameCompress(L,inWeekly);> > >> > > Plotting
this using the above gives me some wierd plots....> > >>
> > Thanks for your help>>>> Send BUG REPORTS
to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or
Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at MyInks.com. Free
s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check
group FAQ at: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/