[amibroker] Re: So you like your STOCHRSI ? ... Try this

Hi Ron,

I'm not sure if it is in fact a StochRSI. I was just messing around
with smoothing periods when it appeared. It appears to work quite
well using a 5pdMA (not EMA) and then a 7pdMA for the signal line.
This is a standard MA approach I use to smooth volatile Indicators.

Regds Gerard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> Gerard, I am impressed.
>
> I just placed your indicator on  a chart of ACF from 6/30/95 to
1/9/96. This chart shows just how good this version is

> I have tried to create my own versions of stoch RSI, but my results
were not as good as yours in this version.  Has  anyone created an
even smoother version?

> I tried to create a K line (the fast line) using very short periods
down to RSI(3) and a longer period for the D line(the slow line). I
never got to spend more that a few minutes on trying it, but it
looked like this different timeframe approach may be worth looking at
a little more. Another attempt used linnearreg on the fast line.

> The Cross(blue,red that occurred on 9/20/95 is no problem for me at
all, because I have very little patience with price dips.  I sell,
and get in again if the uptrend starts again.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511