[amibroker] Re: Float and Sum question

Hi Jason,
 You did a great job, This is really great, it is doing just what I
was hoping for.
I agree with you about sum of the volume almost never being equal to
the float, just like support and resistance are area and not just one
price point.

Once again thank you for all your time and effort,
Dennis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Dennis,
> understood but....... the sum of the volume will never (almost
never) equal;
> the exact number of the float which is why I suggested the greater
than
> float solution. Now we are talking about something very different.
There may
> be a solution found in looping through the bars and accumulating
volume. In
> this code I have (I think) set X to the initial volume then
accumulated
> volume each day until such time as the Float value was met. When
this
> occurred I reset X to zero and began accumulating again. The green
dots show
> each rollover. The histogram shows where you are in the current
cycle. The
> title indicates the number of bars since the last turn over as well
as how
> many bars the previous turn over took. Lastly I have averaged the
last 2
> rolls.
>
> I got carried away but used the exercise to work on my looping
skills (lack
> of, there may still be problems I have missed). That said I think
you will
> find the notion of rollover to be a bit subjective. In theory you
would want
> to see significant moves begin/end at or near the rollover point. In
> practice there are many participants , all with their own agendas,
and few
> actually monitoring these roll over points.
>
> Regards,
> Jayson
>
> float=630000000;
> x[0]=Volume[0]; /*Initialise the first element here*/
> for(i = 1; i<BarCount; i++)
> {
>
> if(x[i]<float)
> { x[i] = x[i-1]+Volume[i];
> }
> if(x[i]>float)
> {
> x[i]=0;
> }
> }
> Plot(C,"",4,64);
> PlotShapes(IIf(x==0,shapeCircle,shapeNone),5,0,Graph0,-30);
> Plot(x,"",colorLightGrey,2|styleOwnScale);
> //Plot(float,"",colorWhite);
> GraphXSpace=25;
> Count1=BarIndex()-ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),1);
> Count2=ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),1)-ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),2);
> Count3=ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),2)-ValueWhen(x==0,BarIndex(),3);
> Title= " Bars Since the last float rollover "+Count1+ " The previous
> Rollover took "+Count2+ "\n The average of the last 2 rollovers
was "
> +(Count2+Count3)/2;

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511