RE: [amibroker] Re: Outlook Express problem

first
of all BACKUP your OE data!  Then tinker away.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: xokie7
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 3:25
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Outlook Express problemThanks to everyone for the
  advice of how to repair the damage that I caused to Outlook Express.
  I have started trying the suggestions starting with the easiest and
  working my way up. REMINDER, I have a lot to learn about computers.
  I just downloaded this Outlook Express repair software suggeated by
  Rik, but I aborted the final installation in order to be absolutely
  sure of where I need to choose to install it.  I am being ultra
  cautious before I proceed because I have done damage in the past by
  making assumptions that appeared to me to be
  obvious.      One of the available choices of
  where to install it is Outlook Express. Can any of you verify that this
  really is location that it needs to be installed?   TIA Ron D
  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik
  href="">http://download.com.com/3000-2367-10248569.html?tag=lst-2-15>
  Message----->   From: wavemechanic
  [mailto:wd78@xxxx]>   Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 10:15
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Outlook Express problem> > >
  ----->     From:
  mrdavis9>     To:
  amibrokeryahoogroups>     Cc: Dick Hoierman ; jeff
  head ; jeff davis>     Sent: Saturday, December 06,
  2003 7:29 PM>     Subject: [amibroker] Outlook
  Express problem> > >     Everyone,
  any ideas of what I can do next to fix this problem described>
  below?> >
  ===========================================>     I
  just created a problem in Outlook express.  I had over 5000
  deleted> items in the deleted items folder, so I selected the
  oldest approx 1000 of> them and clicked delete.  It took a
  long time, so I left the room to do> soemthing else.  I came
  back a while later, and it had finished, so I> decided to delete
  all of the rest of them up to Nov 20.  I then clicked on>
  delete, and left the room.  I must have come back into the room well
  before> it had finished deleting, and tried to switch back to the
  inbox.  It will> not go to the inbox.  When I click on
  inbox, the hour golss starts running,> and never stops.  I
  have shut down Outlook many times and restarted it  and> the
  same thing happens every time.  I can access every folder except
  inbox.> There are still about 800 deleted items, and I can create mail
  from the> deleted items folder, and send it, but I cannot get into
  the inbox. BTW,> when I do shut down Outlook express, it tells me
  that the program is not> responding, and I then choose to END NOW,
  and it closes.  Then when I> restart Outlookexpress, the same
  thing happens all over again.>     I restarted the
  computer only one time since this started, so I will try>
  restarting the computer again to see if that fixes it. Let me know if
  you> have any ideas of how to fix this problem.  I  am
  reading email in my> notebook computer which allows me to receive
  mail, but it has a problem in> that it won't let me send
  email.  All the settings are identical in both>
  computers.>     So, I am receiving mail in the
  notebook, and creating new emails from> the deleted items folder in
  my desktop.  TIA for any ideas.   Ron D>
  >     If all else fails, it is my understanding
  (FWIW) that you can take> advantage of the fact that OE will create
  the default mail folders if they> are missing.  So, you can
  move all of your *.dbx files to a new folder, open> OE, and then
  import the old files back into OE from FILE|IMPORT.> >
  >     --->     If this
  doesn't work, then the next option is to move all the .dbx files>
  to a different location, say c:\mymails, then open Outlook Express.>
  >     Outlook will re-create all the default mail
  folders, now go to file and> click on import and then select
  messages, select your outlook version, click> next, in the next
  screen select `OE5' store directory, then click browse and> point
  to the location where you have moved the .dbx files (c:\mymails),
  all> your mails will be imported.> >
  Free.>     Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).>
  > >     Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>     Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>