Re: [amibroker] Re: controlling exploration output

Hi Andrew,

Sunday, December 7, 2003, 7:09:09 AM, you wrote:

A> Yuki All Calculations you want to perform must be within the set
A> foreign statement and passed to variables, which you then display
A> with your AddColumn statements.  Eg in below AFL code "List
A> Ticker" RSI is  correct, The CurrentTicker RSI is not the RSI of
A> your list Ticker  but is the RSI of the "underlying" Current
A> ticker.  Comment out the line,
A> SetOption("NoDefaultColumns",True); and you will see  the
A> "underlying" Current ticker.  It is a trap and yes care needs to
A> be taken.

A> List = "NAB,RIO,BHP,ANZ,CBA,";
A> ORdNum = Status("StockNum");
A> sym = StrExtract( List, ORdnum );
A> ticker = "";
A> result = 0;
A> CloseOnHigh10 = 0;
A> if(sym != "")
A> {
A> SetForeign(Sym);
A> Ticker = Name();
A> //Start your code
A> Result = RSI();
A> CloseOnHigh10 = Sum(C==H,10);
A> //finish your code
A> RestorePriceArrays();
A> }
A> Filter = ticker != "";
A> SetOption("NoDefaultColumns",True);
A> AddTextColumn(ticker,"Ticker");
A> AddColumn(Result,"List Ticker RSI ");
A> AddColumn(RSI(),"CurrentTicker RSI ");
A> AddColumn(CloseOnHigh10,"#Close High 10pd");

A> Hope this makes things clearer
A> Andrew

Ah, no, not clearer at all.  Sorry.  You are trying to help a
complete coding illiterate.  Perhaps I need to see a completely blank
template of this formula where all the necessary code for me is in
place other than my filter statement and addcolumn statements, and it
says:

//insert your filter statement here

and

//insert your addcolumn statements here

I am really having trouble with this.  You have code in there between
the lines //start your code and //finish your code.  I do not know
whether to leave those in or take them out I guess.  Basically, I do
not understand what is happening with the code.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511