  >From:
  mrdavis9

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibrokeryahoogroups
  Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 3:23
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Linearray( )
  function

  I have attached an indicator window showing how DT used
  the new Linearray( ) function to plot sloping trendlines.  I added a
  horizontal support line in order to illustrate how I want to be able to use
  this new Linearray( ) function.  Notice how RDK has been resting on, or
  bouncing off of the drawn horizontal support line since about mid June, until
  mid October of 2003.

  I am using several forms of Ref(LLV(RSI(14),-3); in
  order to find stocks that are just starting to move up after having dropped
  substantially.  I would like to be able to scan for stocks that have just
  started up, and which are  at recent support, or just above, or just
  below, recent horizontal support.

  I read the Readme of how to use this new Linearray( )
  function. Learning how to use this great new function will be very difficult
  for me without an example of a working horizontal support indicator version of
  it. In the past, Amibroker users have posted, complete AFL coding for various
  Indicators, and seeing these complete AFL codes enabled me to finally start to
  understand what I was reading in the Help files about various AFL functions.
  It is remotely possible that I will be able to adequately understand
  Linearray( ) just by reading the Readme, and DT's example, but very doubtful.

  Ideally, I would like to be able to start learning
  Linearray( ) with a completed horizontal Linearray( ) indicator. This
  would greatly speed up  my learning of how to fine-tune it
   and use it without overheating my brain too much.  My goal is
  to be able to add this new  Linearray( ) indicator to my Ref(LLV(RSI,-3);
  scans so that they will find only those stocks that are very near recent
  support.

  I am coaching a local Dallas Amibroker user by giving
  him completed AFL code, and between these completed codes, and the user
  manual, he is learning how to use Amibroker.  This working example
  approach really works for us non-programers.  TIA for any help.  Ron

   Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.