[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker or MetaStock?

Hi Croh:
It may be a little late but I thought I would get my 2 cents in. I
have been a long time MetaStock user.  In fact I head up the local
MetaStock users group (which is actually more of a Technical Analysis
group).  I learned about AmiBroker about a year ago, downloaded and
started using. I found it much faster and actually much simpler to
use. Although I still use MetaStock to a limited degree I've shifted
to over 85% AmiBroker use.  I'll agree with you that the programming
aspect can be a problem. I have never learned AFL programming but find
sufficient help for the Group to help me with problems in trying to
achieve an indicator, exploration or scan.  There are a lot of
excellent indictors, Explorations and backtests in the library …
inclusing ones coverted over from MetaStock.  I have all the expensive
Plug-in for MetaStock and haven't found one of them that impresses me.
Their System Tester has a lot of bug that still have not been fixed.
When it comes to support none can compare to Tomasz.  And, keep in
mine AmiBroker is consitantly being upgraded – nothing is static.  Now
with the Portfolio Tester AB is head and shoulders over MS.  With it
you can test a basket of securities with a system and if results of
all the tests are profitable you can start trading with such a
mechanical system.  This is an option that holds a lot of promise as I
do not know of another program that has this feature.

Dick H.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511