RE: [amibroker] sum only positive days

Thanks to all who provided interesting and creative approaches to my
question. My goal was to look at the last 20 up days and compare the volume
to the last 20 down days. William Peters got me started with a for loop (I
really have to learn better to use these!!) and others provided variations.
and I came up with the following......

pds=Param("PDS",20,6,22,1);
smooth=Param("Smooth",12,1,50,1);
trig=Param("Trigger",10,1,25,1);
x = 0;

for( i = 1; i < pds; i++ )
{
	x = x + ValueWhen( C > Ref( C, -1 ), Volume, i );
}
y = 0;
for( i = 1; i < pds; i++ )
{
	y = y + ValueWhen( C < Ref( C, -1 ), Volume, i );
}

vp=EMA(x-y,smooth);
trigger=MA(vp,trig);
Plot(vp,"",IIf(x-y>0,colorBrightGreen,colorRed),1);
Plot(trigger,"",colorYellow,1);

Title="A/D Volume of "+Name()+ " is "+
WriteIf(x-y>0,EncodeColor(colorBrightGreen)+ "
Positive",EncodeColor(colorRed)+" Is Negative")+EncodeColor(colorWhite)+"\n
Bar % of  all Vol Average = "+WriteVal(V/MA(V,50)*100,1.0) +"%";
Buy=Cross(Vp,trigger);
Sell=Cross(trigger,Vp);Equity(1);

I am still experimenting with look back parameters and perhaps some
smoothing. The MA cross may be important or perhaps a zero cross is more to
the point. It will take some study. In any case this looks like an
interesting way to gauge money flow into and out of a stock. If there is
more interest (volume) on up days then perhaps the stock is under
accumulation, if more on down days perhaps distribution. At first glance the
indicator turns ahead of the price. I like that as it allows me a heads up.
Please do not confuse my reference to "Buy" and "Sell" as a system. This is
just an interesting study that some of you may find useful.

Enjoy your Holiday

Regards,
Jayson