RE: [amibroker] Dave Landry 2/20 Breakout

<SPAN
class=320114522-26112003>I think largest trades are taken first, then
alphabetically by ticker within that. You're right that scoring is critical if
there are significantly more signals than allowed positions.
<SPAN
class=320114522-26112003>
<SPAN
class=320114522-26112003>IMO, any testing that misses either rising, falling or
fibrillating markets doesn't tell you anything about how the system will perform
under those conditions. 3/98 to 3/03 has been suggested as containing a
relatively balanced mix, though I haven't tried to quantify what exactly that
might mean or whether it's true for that period.
<SPAN
class=320114522-26112003>
<SPAN
class=320114522-26112003>Dave
<SPAN
class=320114522-26112003>
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Ed:
  Interesting code.  It shows some good annual % profit in theregular
  (old) backtester on several of my watchlists (using 6/5/2002 topresent,
  just because that was set from some other work I had
  beendoing).Interestingly, clicking on the new portfolio backtester
  (without anyPositionScore formula) and I get miserable results on same
  watchlist andsame dates.Can someone remind me about the ranking
  that occurs when there is NOPositionScore statement.  As I
  have been playing with a different breakout setup, the whole ideaof what
  score statement is a critical and non-obvious one.  One
  otherthing....the ramp from March of this year to almost the present
  makesany number of stocks look good on various breakout criteria.
  The proofof a good breakout system is to have it perform in previous
  years.Ken