Re: [amibroker] StoRSI... was Re: Robustness

From: "Yuki Taga" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: "Jayson" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 7:45
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] StoRSI... was Re:
Robustness

> Wednesday, November 26, 2003, 1:09:51 AM, Jayson
wrote:> > J> I stare at charts every day, I know a few charts
very well. I can> J> "Feel" when they are trying to fool me and I have
no clue how to> J> code that feel> > There it is, right
there.  ^_^> > There is no way either, that I could figure
how to "back test" my own> intuition.  Everything I decide to do on
a discretionary basis (and> often more importantly decide NOT to do) is
determined by the way I> feel about a big mix of technical, fundamental
and current events> driven data. I am sure I cannot code this for
purposes of back> testing.

But one can test descretionary results
against a system, if intrested.  However, I suspect that we are mechanical
or descretionary types based on what feels comfortable, in conjuntion with an
absence of evidence that one is markedly better than the other.  There is
probably some profound psychological basis for this, but it does not
matter.
> > I can tell you this much, and I've
said it before: Human beings tend> to get better and better at things the
longer they do them.

I hope that you are right.  But the
evidence so far is that I'm not trainable ;-)

  I don't> think trading is any exception
to that general rule.  You have to be> lucky or good enough to
survive long enough.  Year after year you get> better and
better.  But it's a slow road at first.> > Yuki>
---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders
$50 or more to the US & Canada.> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
size=2>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->>
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > >