[amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

You should get results simular to these on QQQ if you tweeked your
system with the correct modifications.

Annual system % return: 370.30%
Max. system % drawdown: -6.96%

excluding any commissions.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IEfCPxdX0OpbpUTjQPfzgBBqNKnwrgshm232-
TnSzxYr8udn2TGaAKz8UG7VV6qHpdiEXNAM6P-hlTJebZHrjPTcN-0wgsM06qP-
mOii7tu7NQ/Trading%20System%20Results/QQQ%20Trading%20Results.doc

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> John,
> I used buy/sell/short/cover at +1 Open, commission 0.25%, all
stops
> disabled.
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "john gibb" <jgibb1@xxxx> wrote:
> > Dimitris, thanks for posting this!
> >
> > Like Dave, I couldn't get as good results as you got--with the
> regular Backtester, Yahoo EOD, and 4.49.0. (While close to you on
> drawdown and %winners, I got nowhere near 350% return (my Return
on
> Account was 158%).
> >
> > I am attaching those results and my settings file, in the hopes
> that you can suggest how I can more closely replicate your return.
(I
> suspect, like Dave, that it is a difference in commissions; I use
> 0.5%.)
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > -john
For
> Steve
> >

> >   One further related question: You mention that this is "tuned
> the bearish environment". Do you have an indicator that helps you
> know quantitatively when we're no longer in a bearish environment?
> >
> >   Thanks,
> >
> >   dave
> >     Dimitris, thanks for the ideas, I'll check it out. Besides a
> QQQ trading vehicle, I'm interested in the smoothing method you
> chose, and also your trend qualifier.
> >
> >     Just out of curiosity, what commission settings do you use?
I'm
> at 1%, which is my usual, but if that's too stringent in this
> context, maybe that's why my initial results with this, and other
> things I've tried, aren't as spectacular.
> >
> >     I know some of what I'm about to ask has been discussed here
in
> general, but let me ask it in this specific context anyway: There
are
> a number of parameters here, either adjustable or built into the
> code. If we wanted to optimize for better performance in the
current
> environment, what test period would you think would translate well
> the future? Going forward, when would you think you'd want to
> optimize again? How would you suggest we distinguish a beautiful
> curve fit over the test period from settings likely to perform
well
> in the future?
> >
> >     Please don't take those questions as anything other than
what
> they are, a sincere desire to learn.
> >
> >     Dave
> >       Dave,
> >       It would be interesting to make your own study on the
STORSI.
> >       Here is an example for QQQ.
> >       It was tuned to the bearish environement, the peak of the
> Equity is
> >       very close to the change of the trend.
> >
> >       // A STORSI example for QQQ
> >       SetBarsRequired(1000,1000);
> >       function IIR2( input, f0, f1, f2 )
> >       {
> >         result[ 0 ] = input[ 0 ];result[ 1 ] = input[ 1 ];
> >         for( i = 100; i < BarCount; i++ )
> >         {
> >           result[ i ] = f0 * input[ i ] + f1 * result[ i - 1 ] +
f2
> * result
> >       [ i - 2 ];
> >         }
> >         return result;
> >       }
> >       x=DEMA(RSI(10),10);t=20;
> >       C1=100*(x-LLV(x,t))/(HHV(x,t)-LLV(x,t));Plot
(C1,"STORSI",1,1);
> >       K=0.4;
> >       RD=IIR2( C1, 0.3, 1.6, -0.9);// SMOOTHED STOCHRSI
> >       Plot(RD,"["+WriteVal(10*K,1.0)+"]",4+10*K,1);
> >       TREND=LinearReg(DEMA(C,20),30);// TREND QUALIFIER
> >       Plot(TREND,"TREND",4,styleOwnScale);
> >       BLEVEL=Optimize("BL",-19,-30,-10,1);Plot
(BLEVEL,"BLEVEL",1,1);

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511