[amibroker] Re: Robustness College

I agree. I think that'll also be an instant verification
of the silent majority of us who would like to see it
happen. Actually I think there's hardly anyone here who
would not like to witness it, nor do I think anyone has
really said that.

Mark, perhaps you could write about what expectations
you would have from people. It seems that the main
confusion earlier was that people assumed that when
you said you'd lead such an effort, you'd start by
posting a system and then work with others to make it better.
If that's not how you thought it was going to work, perhaps
you could clarify so everyone's on the same page. That
way we can proceed instead of getting bogged down in
arguments largely based on simple misunderstandings.

Jitu

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I've discussed this with you offline and you are aware of my
feelings on
> this subject.  There are enough people interested that, perhaps, you
> could/should start another Yahoo group.   That way, you
could/should end up
> with only those who are interested in the subject joining the group.
> Otherwise, you will continue to get people shooting down anything
that they
> don't understand or wish to discuss.
>
> In fairness to what this group is all about, "robustness" has
little to do
> with AmiBroker.   More explicitly, one doesn't need AmiBroker to
ascertain
> if a trading system is robust.   The subjects that would be
discussed in the
> robustness group are really more generic in nature and could apply
> systems developed with any software tools.
>
> I, for one, would join such a group and I would look forward to
learning and
> contributing to such a group if it existed.
>
> I know that you are burned out on the subject, but I hope you will
consider
> re-launching it in a less hostile environment.

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511