[amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

Mark,

Most times I wouldn't argue the fact that I can be critical about a
variety of things.  But I think you better go back through the
robustness thread and reread what I posted as I was doing my level
best to be positive and move things along in a positive way.

If I failed in that thread, it's not likely I'll ever succeed in any
other thread ever again ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "quanttrader714"
<quanttrader714@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]
the
> >saying, "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."
> >
> > Respectfully,
> > Gary
> >
> > CedarCreekTrading <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> > Dave,
> >
> > then I do try it, report results that are less than stellar,
> >
> > For what period, 1929? 2000? 2001?  Might as well pick a some
years
> that don't fall within two standard deviations for volatility.  How
> has this approach tested since the first day I posted it?  I know DT
> tested it and wasn't impressed at the time of it's original
posting.
> Being the great guy that he is...he offered a number of improvements
> to it's structure.  Too bad you didn't see the original post.  You
> could of traded the StoRSI, on QQQ's,and posted a 26-3 track record
> this year.
> >
> > it's quite another to show some great-looking charts and strongly
> imply that the single indicator shown is profitable in and of
itself,

> > Isn't and hasn't the QQQ/StoRSI been profitable since the day I
> publicly shared the indicator and system?  Just because you tested
it
> on a couple of years that had abnormal volatility doesn't really
mean
> much.  What's more important: your historic examination of two
> outlying years, or the track record that has been created by the
> system since I supplied the approach?
> >
> > I'd suggest you save your criticism about what works and what
> doesn't work until what works ... stops working.  You are suggesting
> that this approach sucks because you can't identify profits in some
> backtesting.  Really, give me a break.  You keep backtesting for
2001
> and 2002 and I'll keep using this "general" (I no longer use the
term
> robust for anything)timing indicator to supplement my trading ideas
> and I will continue to "teach, talk, and trade".
> >
> > Please, you don't need my help.  As I recall, you started this
> tread.  Why pursue shit indicators that produce shit results?  Move
on
> to other approaches.  There are plenty of people on this forum that
> you can learn a lot more from that a street urchin from Detroit.  I
> don't have any magic. What I have is nearly 14,000 hours of researh
> since 1996.  Of course, a part of that was spent testing worthless
> ideas gleaned for books, seminars and forums.
> >
> > My Holy Grail is an eight-ounce styrofoam cup, with teeth marks
and
> lipstick smears.  It's nothing special.  OK, I'm going to go back
and
> crawl into my hole.
> >
> > Oh, for those interested:  I finally finished my new improved
> webpage.  It's free ...as it has been since the beginning.  Lot's of
> indicators and very handsome pictures of me and my research

Stochastic

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511