[amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

You seem to forget that I volunteered (twice) to lead anyone
interested through the entire trading process, from robustness
criteria and robust system development to actual real time, real $
execution (putting my own money publicly on the line to show the
concepts work).  Has anyone else made that offer?  And instead of
taking me up on it, all I got was a bunch of sarcastic comments from
you, Fred, Howard and Steve (among others) about "academics" and
"robustness".  Well, guess what?  I'm *not* an academic.  I'm a
trader.  And even though I'm in a research pause, the one trade I
closed out last week *netted* me approximately 125% (on the trade not
my account).  How did you do last week?  Did you even trade last week?
 Give me more ignorant sarcasm, Gary, and I'll be sure to post my best
code for you.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
>All the guys espousing these concepts of what is robust and what is a
>good system have yet to post one shred of code for us to run to see
>how they got to their conclusions.  Worse yet, they are even less
>generous with sharing a speck of a trading ideas via code.
>
>Until that happens, it is all just talk.  At least Steve has the
>juevos to throw a tradeable idea out here on the board.  Remember the
>saying, "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."
>
> Respectfully,
> Gary
>
> CedarCreekTrading <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> then I do try it, report results that are less than stellar,
>
> For what period, 1929? 2000? 2001?  Might as well pick a some years
that don't fall within two standard deviations for volatility.  How
has this approach tested since the first day I posted it?  I know DT
tested it and wasn't impressed at the time of it's original posting.
Being the great guy that he is...he offered a number of improvements
to it's structure.  Too bad you didn't see the original post.  You
could of traded the StoRSI, on QQQ's,and posted a 26-3 track record
this year.

> it's quite another to show some great-looking charts and strongly
imply that the single indicator shown is profitable in and of itself,

> Isn't and hasn't the QQQ/StoRSI been profitable since the day I
publicly shared the indicator and system?  Just because you tested it
on a couple of years that had abnormal volatility doesn't really mean
much.  What's more important: your historic examination of two
outlying years, or the track record that has been created by the
system since I supplied the approach?

> I'd suggest you save your criticism about what works and what
doesn't work until what works ... stops working.  You are suggesting
that this approach sucks because you can't identify profits in some
backtesting.  Really, give me a break.  You keep backtesting for 2001
and 2002 and I'll keep using this "general" (I no longer use the term
robust for anything)timing indicator to supplement my trading ideas
and I will continue to "teach, talk, and trade".

> Please, you don't need my help.  As I recall, you started this
tread.  Why pursue shit indicators that produce shit results?  Move on
to other approaches.  There are plenty of people on this forum that
you can learn a lot more from that a street urchin from Detroit.  I
don't have any magic. What I have is nearly 14,000 hours of researh
since 1996.  Of course, a part of that was spent testing worthless
ideas gleaned for books, seminars and forums.

> My Holy Grail is an eight-ounce styrofoam cup, with teeth marks and
lipstick smears.  It's nothing special.  OK, I'm going to go back and
crawl into my hole.

> Oh, for those interested:  I finally finished my new improved
webpage.  It's free ...as it has been since the beginning.  Lot's of
indicators and very handsome pictures of me and my research partners.

> Take care,
>
> Steve
> www.cedarcreektrading.com

Steve

> steve, not only do I assume you've done it, but when you speak about
it as you have, I assume we'll like what we see if we do it ourselves
-- that's why you mentioned it. then I do try it, report results that
are less than stellar, and hear, "try this, try that".

> I don't mean to offend, or discourage teaching or the sharing of
ideas, not at all. but it's one thing to suggest that an idea might be
worth pursuing, in combination with a not-completely-specified set of
confirming indicators, stops, entrails, etc.. it's quite another to
show some great-looking charts and strongly imply that the single
indicator shown is profitable in and of itself, or with confirmation
from any old trend indicator you might have lying around.

> I know I need to do my own homework. I've been doing a great deal of
that, don't mind, find it interesting even. I'm just mystified by the
vibe that the actual numerical results I get from a system someone
else suggested aren't that great because of some problem with the way
I approach life in general, like some box I haven't thought my way out
of (my favorite). it's not the first time this has happened, so steve,
don't take my reaction personally.

> please don't misunderstand, I'm trying to learn, not put anyone
down, or their ideas. I very much appreciate the offerings from
everyone here, especially the more experienced traders and system
designers. I hope people will continue to share their ideas, and
comment on what gets posted.

> I also appreciate everyone's putting up with my ignorance, my
endless attempts to test and verify what gets said, and the periodic
intrusions of my inner brat, like this one. maybe it falls under the
category of failing to shut up if I don't have something nice to say,
but surely there are others out there wondering the same thing and not
saying so out of deference to greater expertise. or maybe not. maybe
everyone but me takes this ball and runs with it, all the way to the
bank, while I just continually miss the obvious. either way, hopefully
we'll all learn something by talking about it, or at least I will.

<kernish@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Dave,
> >
> > No problem....I'd suggest that you mix and match stops, trend
> identifiers and triggers.  I not suggesting that you over-optimize
(a
> rather tired and elusive topic on this forum), but, please think
> outside the box.  The important point is:  there are certain
momentum
> oscillators that time you into trend retracements that are very
> accurate.  Pick one.
> >
> > Then, decide on some type of trend identification.  Only take
> trades in that direction.
> >
> > Then, conjure a stop strategy...to protect your position and
> pocketbook.
> >
> > And finally, use something other than a momentum oscillator to
time
> you out.  Momentum Oscillators will never capture a good move,
> running in the direction of the trend, without leaving a lot
> of "cheese" on the table.
> >
> > I think you can see that this is a bit different that just buying
> and selling at the trigger levels.  The StoRSI has, and will
always,
> be a very decent timing device to position you into trend
> retracements.
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Steve
>
> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx