Re: [amibroker] QuickAFL question

hello Tomasz,

> Q1. Yes. Just add SetBarsRequired( 10000, 0 ); at the top to turn off this effect

Tomasz, yes I know this function since you helped me last time. I see
now how it influences AFL execution in wider context.
when I use this function:

q1: is its influence global?
q2: is it possible to use it within the local scope of any function
without influence on surrounding code?
q3: how about including files with SetBarsRequired() used inside: does
it affect code in the file form this is included?

> Q2. Not really. AFL automatically 'knows' how many bars are needed for given code to calculate properly
> in most cases. The only cases when you should provide "hint" (via SetBarsRequired) are:
> - you are using some external plugins
> - some 'for' loops that access data more than 100 bars back

thank you. great help..
regards,
BM

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511