[amibroker] Re: Enhanced H&S pattern, I [the false readings]

PS: There was NO technical reason for the -2% of this day DAX. There
was not even a financial reason to loose this percentage in half an h
or so. It was a good opportunity to buy some 2k shares of "cheap"
CSCO.F. For a +3% target or so...[else a breakeven...]
We could not call it t e c h n i c a l not even explain it 5 h later,
there is no need and it wouldnīt help the readers.
We should be slightly objective, if we want to communicate and, much
more, if we want to upgrade some T/A subjects.
Have a nice day !!
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Dimitris,
> >
> > Thursday, November 20, 2003, 5:50:17 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > DT> It is interesting to watch the false readings.
> >
> > DT> BA fulfills any H S requirement, even the Volume expansion
> > DT> at the touch with the neck line.
> >
> > A few things about this I would say:
> >
> > 1) Although the books accept H&S with slanting necklines, I almost
> > never pay attention to them.  I like almost flat necklines.  The
> > flatter the better.
> >
> > 2) The right shoulder is slightly higher than the left shoulder.
> > That's a no-no for me.  It should be no higher than, and ideally
> just
> > a touch lower than, the left shoulder. (Yes, I'm picky.)  ^^_^^
>
> But you speak for a 37.36 vs 37.75, ie an 1% difference ????
> >
> > 3) A touch of the neckline is a touch of a *support* line.  While
> > H&S is generally a bearish formation, it is not really bearish
until
> > you get a clean, confirmed break of that neckline.  This one has
no
> > clean break.  I would say a clean break is at least one bar with
the
> > high lower than the neckline.  Until that happens, it's a support
> > line, even in a rather bearish formation.  Penetration is NOT
> > guaranteed by the formation itself.  Maybe people misunderstand
> this,
> > and that's why so many claim the formation is worthless.  Any
> > formation is worthless if you don't play by the rules.  ^_-
>
> But, you shorted ^N225 3 bars b e f o r e the [unknown for this
> moment neckline breakout], donīt you remember ??
> The question that began this thread is what do we do 2-3 bars b e f
> r e the neckline touch.
> IMO, BA is a typical whipsaw example.
> > 4) Something just isn't very "H&S-ish" about this formation to
me.
> As
> > soon as I saw 'BA' in your note, I went to my own charts without
> > looking at your gif. I wasn't *exactly* sure where the H&S was
> > without a fair amount of staring and guessing.  I'd have never
seen
> > it; so I would have never considered it such.  It's got to stand
out
> > like a sore thumb to me.
>
> This would be a good end of this thread: A H&S is what we see as a
> H&S and nothing more. I tried [unsucessfully] to introduce some
> objective criteria following your [respectable] personal vision,
but
> it is the moment I give up.
>
> > And on the one's that stand out, the most common ways to play them
> > successfully (if there is such a thing as a common way to play
what
> > consider a rather uncommon formation), is not to short
immediately
> on
> > a break of the neckline. That is similar to going long
immediately

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511